2" drop shackles question???

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2" drop shackles question???

Wondered who else had the 2" drop shackles (Ground Force, is there any other??) for the rear and if ride quality suffered?? I have 285/45/22's on my truck and I am looking to level the truck out and just haul some heavy tools and tow once in a blue moon. Also some of the roads are pretty bad in the NYC/NJ area and don't want to be bottoming out all over. I think it would make the truck alot better looking but don't want to suffer in any of these other areas. Any input is appreciated.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:14 PM
i notice u have the roush offroad exhaust, how do u like it?

Old 10-16-2007, 10:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ride is the same. No problems. I have the GF shackles and shims.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Thumbs up

I like the exhaust and I just posted about a problem I had with the hangers. See Exhaust forum for thread. It sounds great and get compliments all the time. Roush is sending me a new one to fix the problem so no complaints there. Really want to to level my truck out and don't want to lift it as I am going for the street truck look now. Had an 88' bronco 2 that had all the James Duff mods you could do with 33"x12.50x15 Procomp xtrerrains, 4.10's w/ a detroit locker rear+ls front, and it was a beast off road. Never got stuck and was in over the hood in mud and snow plenty of times. Just cost too much $$$ beatin' it up all the time. Figure if I keep my F150 on the street I will keep the money in my pocket.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:40 PM
how loud is the roush? and what kinda tone does it have?

Old 10-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Talking

Like the way it looks stealth. What shocks are you running?? Did you do it yourself??? If yes, how long did it take??? I think this is the way I will go because a full drop is not really practical for me. Also does the rear sag lower then the front??? Tough to tell from some of the pics. Looks like it doesn't and she sits pretty level, but any input would be sweet. Thanks.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Talking

Well Russ at WOT it has a deep growl but when cruising around town and the highway it quiets down with no cabin drone. If you feather the gas it is a little louder than stock but not very noticible. It sounds like a V8 now and not a little 6 banger. It really helped open my truck up and breath better. I think my S&B air intake made the truck louder also though, allowing more air in. I drive about 100 miles a day, and with the radio on, not cranked up, I can't even hear it inside the cabin with the windows up. Very pleasurable, unlike some magnaflows and flowmasters I have ridden in with their annoying "cabin drone". I had one friend put a flowmaster 40 series on and take it off in about 2 months because it was just too annoying to drive. Not to mention his gas mileage got worse. Mine has actually gotten a little better, as long as I am not flooring it all the time listening to that sweet note.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:58 PM
thanks
i'm just looking for an exhaust for my 07 5.4 Scab 4x4 and dont want my performance dropping like people say happens with flowmaster...

Old 10-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Talking

No problem, glad to help out a fellow F150'er. No drop in performance, if anything I gained a little with this upgrade. I think you would be happy with the Roush. I have the offroad system that exits in front of the rear tire, but I have heard that that the legal systems and those that exit behind the rear tires are a little quieter. I think mine is perfect.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:21 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
Ride is the same. No problems. I have the GF shackles and shims.
What he said.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Reinhardt003
Like the way it looks stealth. What shocks are you running?? Did you do it yourself??? If yes, how long did it take??? I think this is the way I will go because a full drop is not really practical for me. Also does the rear sag lower then the front??? Tough to tell from some of the pics. Looks like it doesn't and she sits pretty level, but any input would be sweet. Thanks.
I dit it myself in the driveway. I had a 2" AS spacer in front and an add a leaf in the rear (I did the install), I didn't like the look, so I bought the shackles and installed it when I took all that other stuff off. It was tough, but the shackles were easy.

The back is about level, maybe about 1/2" higher than the front, but I do have the fiberglass lid.

ETA: I am running stock shocks.

Last edited by Stealth; 10-16-2007 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:23 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Reinhardt003
It sits pretty level. Comes with instructions, not hard to do at all. Takes an hour or so if you have a floor jack.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks for all the input and love all your guys trucks. This is what I will be doing for sure now. I will do it myself as I am very capable and have all the tools. I will probably upgrade my shocks to bilsteins probably after reading some of the really great reviews people gave them. Thanks again for all the help guys.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Install is real easy.. i think I have a new set of shackles in my tool box of my truck. If intrested make me a offer since they are just sitting there.

Quick Reply: 2" drop shackles question???