Popping Sound

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Popping Sound

Having trouble get my truck aligned so Brakecheck put a alignment kit on my truck. Since then, I get a loud popping sound when I crank the wheel. Loud enough that the first time I heard it, I thought that I had backed into something. Can anyone give me any idea on what it could be.

'06 XLT Scab with a procomp leveling kit with Bilstein shocks

Old 10-11-2007, 09:46 PM
ya i get the same thing..

Old 10-11-2007, 09:51 PM
i never got it before they put that alignment kit on so Im guessing thats the reason it pops.

Edit: I have aftermarket wheels and bigger tires.

Last edited by gilsnuxs; 10-11-2007 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:45 AM
This is driving me nuts. I am getting a very similar "popping" sound as well, although I haven't installed any aftermarket components. It sounds similar to a bad u-joint but I've had both replaced. I have found it very hard at times to determine for sure if its coming from the front or back. I hear it most often going over a speed bump (very slow) or anytime the truck twists a little (like driving down thru the yard) never hear it going down the highway. I can't find anything that seems to be loose in the suspension. Like I said, its driving me nuts! Would a bad ball joint or tie rod end make that kind of sound? The truck has 98,000 miles and been pretty much pampered since day one.

Any ideas????

Thanks

Bryan

Old 10-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Mine did it before i went LT...Only thing i could think of is that it was either the ball joint, or the coil binding or popping in the bucket. Did it at turns or slow over speed bumps. 10-15mph or under. Almost like the coil was coming out of the bucket and catching and popping back in.... But who knows

Old 10-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I have read numerous postings on what sounds like this very same noise. Has anyone really found out what there problem was? There was a post by Eric32 on 8/15 talking about the front differential support bar slipping and needing new adhesive. Has anyone done this?

Thanks Again

Bryan

Quick Reply: Popping Sound