metal tapping noise under truck....

Old 10-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
metal tapping noise under truck....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I drive my 98 F150..Every time at some point I hear this noise coming from under the truck in the pitch of 2 pieces of re-bar hitting each other....I can't figure it out ....I tried to magnify the noise to see if its when I shift or hit a bump or turn a certain way..But I can never duplicate it...I can't seem to figure it out....any help would be appreciated ..thanks guys...

Old 10-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fog82mh
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I drive my 98 F150..Every time at some point I hear this noise coming from under the truck in the pitch of 2 pieces of re-bar hitting each other....I can't figure it out ....I tried to magnify the noise to see if its when I shift or hit a bump or turn a certain way..But I can never duplicate it...I can't seem to figure it out....any help would be appreciated ..thanks guys...
One of my axles u-bolts was loose from the factory, and it made a weird noise. Im glad I lifted my truck, or I would have never found out what it was. Noise is gone now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: metal tapping noise under truck....