Body lift instructions

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 02:07 PM
BSL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body lift instructions

I know there are plenty of how-to's about body lifts, but does anyone have the instructions in a PDF format? I'd like to read through them before buying the kit so I can decide if I can handle a job like this and what if any extra tools i'll need. I change my own plugs and do most minor mechanical things (filters etc.) but don't know how intense this is, i've heard 11 hours, which doesn't bother me I should be able to knock that out in a weekend. thanks

Old 10-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's your instructions

When I did mine I oil'ed the body bolt's every day for a couple weeks prior to the install just to help them come out

http://static.summitracing.com/globa...pra-pa-862.pdf

Last edited by SKRWZ; 10-04-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:21 PM
I'll try to see if I have my old instructions for the Performance Accessories kit I had. If so, I can probably drop them in the mail to you. I'll look tonight after I get out of work.

If you are somewhat mechanically inclined, it isn't too difficult to do. I would recommend having at least one other guy to help you out though. Also, I've installed 2 of them and the first one took my about 18 hours (that was with new shocks though and we were taking our time). The second, I had it down to about 10-12 hours (again with new shocks). I snapped pics of the install process and included detailed captions in my photo gallery if you want to check it out to get an idea of what you're in store for.

I'll get back to you and let you know if I can find the directions from my 03.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:49 PM
You should be able to do it on a weekend easy.I did mine by myself with help on mounting the bumpers and a couple of cab bolts that wanted to spin the bushings.It took me about 14 hours working at a steady pace.Also cheack my gallery for pics on the install.

Quick Reply: Body lift instructions