Radius arm and engine cradle mounts; riveted on, how to remove them??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Radius arm and engine cradle mounts; riveted on, how to remove them??

To do a lift you need to take off the old radius arm mounts and put new ones on, I know that; but, they are riveted on. What is the best way to remove those rivets? Torches? Anyone know how Ford says to remove them? People who have done alift should know what Im talkin about!!

Anything helps!!

Thanks!!

Roger

Old 10-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Question

Should I use a torch and cut the rivets out or is there some better way to remove them?

ANYONE who has done a lift themselves has done this, hasnt anyone done their OWN lift??

Roger

Old 10-05-2007, 08:22 AM
I ground mine off with a right angle grinder and then used an air hammer to punch them out the other side. Very easy. Or they make a rivet cutter for air hammers, tried it, just took too long. This was on an old '86 F150 I had. Just had a cheap lift with brackets to lower the radius arms. If I were to do it over I would buy the correct radius arms for the lift rather than use the stupid bracket to lower the stock radius arms.

Not a bad job putting on the lift, but make sure you have air tools, otherwise have somebody do it for you. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Radius arm and engine cradle mounts; riveted on, how to remove them??