Belltech drop spindals, anyone useing them?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belltech drop spindals, anyone useing them?

I've got a set of Belltech drop spindal (2"), and belltech drop springs (also 2"). On the front of my truck, And to correct the caster/camber, I bought the belltech cam bolt/alignment kit....

Anyways, with the spindles, I've had the truck aligned twice, and called belltech numberous times, but the further you turn the wheels (either left or right) the more the fight each other. By that I mean, if I turn the wheel full lock, then try and go, the outside tire will actually squal! And leave a black mark on concrete, and usually on pavement to (faint on pavement). Also if you jack the front end up, and let the suspension relax the wheels come in to each other like this: /M\

Also, it's not horrible but I do believe it has a small amount of bump steer.

When I installed the spindals, the boss for the tie rod ends was tapered in reverse to the OEM spindals. And I'm wondering if there is some kind of a bumpsteer kit that your suposed to buy to correct all this??? I'm going to be bagging the truck pretty soon, and I would rather not have my wheels tow in/out when it moves.... Just seeing if anyone else has this problem.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
sounds like a tie rod issue for sure.

TOOT = Toe Out On Turns, which basically means on a stock suspension, when you turn to the left, the left wheel turns a hair more then the right wheel for better handleing and tire wear. Its normal, but sounds like your Toe is out of adjustment, so you are really noticing whats going on.

Im not sure what you can do to correct the problem tho....
-Patrick

Quick Reply: Belltech drop spindals, anyone useing them?