I noticed a couple of things today...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. My truck is lower on the pax side nose by about 1/2 an inch.

2. When I get in the truck, the driver side lowers 1/2 and inch (not sure what is corresponding on the pax side).

3. Should I be concerned about trying to lift the pax side torsion bar? My pax are generally females in the 100-150 (yeah, but she's 5'11'' ) so I wonder if it's worth trying to level her (the truck) out?

Also, looking at the rake from the 1 inch coil spring, and looking at my front drive axles (they come out almost straight) I think I could have safely gone with a 2 inch coil rear, and raise the nose a full inch...

Maybe I'll just raise the driver side torsion .5 of an inch, and the pax .75 of an inch, and raise and level her just a bit more, since with two pax up front the vehcile keeps it's nose down rake (as opposed to looking at it empty)

Old 09-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would just leave it. I would be more concerned with having my torsion bars of equal torsion on each side more than one side being .5 inches lower.

Its probably just the extra wieght of the battery and maybe the wiper fluid that is making the pass. side a little lower....

Nice looking rig btw, I love lifted Xpys

Old 09-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the kind words 'Brah. I may mess with the bars a little, just to firm up the front a bit and raise it slightly-I have a ton of T-bar bolt left (over an inch) and my axels are almost level. I'll see how this weekend goes...

Quick Reply: I noticed a couple of things today...