raising the front and blocks for the rear????

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 02:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
raising the front and blocks for the rear????

Hey guys, i have a 2001 f150 screw, 3" body lift, i turned the torsion bars but didnt get much lift outta them. I got like 1 3/4" lift. The truck doesnt even set level. I have some keys but i couldnt get the torsion bars out of factory keys for nothing!! ANy advice?

Old 09-14-2007, 12:39 PM
thats basically what most lift kits are depending on what you do to the front to lift it. Id watch your shocks too if you are still running stock shocks.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't install the keys. Just crank the torsion bars up all the way with the oem keys, as long as your cv joints don't look too extreme.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:26 PM
The 97-03's are getting more and more difficult to get the keys out due to rust. Since you're doing it yourself you should spray it down with wd40 where the torsion bar goes into the key. I seriously doubt you'll be able to knock the bar through the lower control arm so your best bet will be to remove the torsion rail bolts which is just a few bolts on each side. I always use an air hammer directly on the key on the front part of the key so you're trying to knock the key off towards the rear of the truck (there will be a hole which you'll have access through). If you don't have an air hammer then this could end up being an extremely difficult job and you may want to scratch the idea or take it somewhere properly equipped. In all reality 1-3/4" is pretty good and probably the max you'd want to take the vehicle up anyways due to cv angles so you may just want to call it good.

Quick Reply: raising the front and blocks for the rear????