HELP! Belltech drop spindles problem!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP! Belltech drop spindles problem!

i am almost done putting on my 2" belltech drop spindles, but i have a problem: it appears that the hole for the tie rod is upside down. what i mean is that the hole should be larger on top and smaller at the bottom because the tie rod end is tapered. instead, it is smaller on the top than on the bottom. this would work fine if i turn the tie rod upside down. is this what is supposed to happen, or did they machine it wrong? anyone else have this problem?? the tech line says it is open mon-fri, but i need to have this put back together this weekend. GRRRR...

can any one give me some answers? many thanks!

Old 02-09-2007, 09:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I wouldn't think they're machined wrong. If the angles aren't bad, I'd say go for it. If you aren't comfortable with it, then put it back to stock or wait till monday.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:34 AM
i talked to belltech, they say the intentionally put them upside down like that to eliminate the bump steer, so there will be no rubbing. Thanks for the help.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:03 AM
Cas
Help! Belltech Spindle problem

Just installed the drop spindles and my truck pulls to the left or right and has a "whistling" noises that seems to be come from the front right tire. I was told to wait at least a week for an alignment so that it has time to settle. Any help would be appreciated. Also I just installed them Saturday the 18th.

2000 F150 Harley Davidson edition

Quick Reply: HELP! Belltech drop spindles problem!