Clicking noise after new tires and leveling?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clicking noise after new tires and leveling?

I just installed BFGs KO 285/70/17 and a 2 inch Auto Spring leveling kit with alignment on an 2005 4x4 Supercrew at a local shop... Pretty simple stuff, but I now have a rotational clicking sound at speeds above about 5-10 mph. I had the tires rebalanced and checked for any signs of rubbing, but could not see anything. Could this noise be from the alignment not being done correctly by the shop? The sound seems to be metallic in nature... Any help would be great...

Old 04-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Nothing in the alignment should cause a metallic sound like that. Probably need to just go after it one step at a time - start at the hub and work your way in. If you can hear it above the tires (not that the tires are loud) and exhaust, it has to be scrubbing pretty hard. Could be the leveling and tires has caused something that was waiting to go wrong to surface.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Rock in the tire? Sounds stupid but I have had rocks and a nail stuck in the tread that made that sound.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:00 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like a rock or something stuck in the tire. If the ticking speeds up or slows down with the speed then you can be sure its something to do with rotation of some kind.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:28 PM
By any chance, you dont have two piece weld rims???? I had the same problem with my stonecrushers and found out from the local tire shop this is a normal occurence with these two piece rims. In time, it has gone away, but it sure was annoying....good luck...

Old 10-06-2015, 06:26 PM
wheel weights hitting the calipers

Had to have mine internally balanced cause the taped on weights were hitting the caliper on the drivers side especially! Just a thought!

Originally Posted by masonm75
I just installed BFGs KO 285/70/17 and a 2 inch Auto Spring leveling kit with alignment on an 2005 4x4 Supercrew at a local shop... Pretty simple stuff, but I now a rotational clicking sound at speeds above about 5-10 mph. I had the tires rebalanced and checked for any signs of rubbing, but could not see anything. Could this noise be from the alignment not being done correctly by the shop? The sound seems to be metallic in nature... Any help would be great...

Old 10-06-2015, 09:02 PM
I had the same experience as Matty stated the the taped on weights were hitting the caliper and made a clicking sound. Another could be the brake pad clips.

Quick Reply: Clicking noise after new tires and leveling?