Front End Leveling

Old 02-02-2004, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Front End Leveling

I am wondering if anyone can give me some insight on leveling my front end on my 2001 F150 4x4. Are there kits (I've seen some of these for the new '04s)? I've heard many say they've just adjusted the torsion bars to make the front and rear sit at the same height, but that sounds like it could sacrifice ride quality and, eventually, reliability. Any thoughts would be helpful...

I had considered lifting my truck, but I never imagined these kits cost upwards of $1000. I guess I've been living in Jeep world for too long.

Thanks!

Old 02-02-2004, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 04 kits you've seen aren't the same since the suspension is very different. In 04 they went to coil overs and dumped the torsion bars (thank god, its about time). The only options you have is cranking your torsion bars up. This will give a stiffer ride than factory. It will also limit your droop since you're just lowering the suspension in its range of motion. Thats not going to be a very big issue since the Ford IFS doesn't flex for crap anyhow. I've seen mine only get 1-2" MAX travel As you've found out IFS lifts are very expensive since they're way more complex that solid axles. The only options you have is to either buy a suspension lift which may not fix your leveling problem or to crank the torsion bars. Follow the link at the bottom and it kinda explains how to do it.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=144832

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front End Leveling