Hellwig part numbers

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2001, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Hellwig part numbers

I was thinking about getting a new aftermarket front and rear anti-swaybar from Hellwig. I know they make one for the rear, but I'm not sure about the front. If anyone has done both, could you tell me what the part numbers were? Thanks

------------------
1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercab short bed
Options: Off Road package, Towing package, 4.6L V8, Captain's chairs, LS rear axle, green with two tone tan
Modifications: Westin Brushguard with custom brackets
Pioneer Premier cassette receiver with 6-disc CD changer
15x10 American Eagle Alloy 1189's
33x12.50x15 General Grabber Mud-Terrain
3" Performance Accesories Body Lift
Westin Nerf Bars(black)
Bosch Platinum +4
Ravin Z-33 SI/DO 3" Inlet/ 2.5" Outlet 3" Chrome Tips
K&N Generation II FIPK
Future mods: Superchip
Spray-in-bedliner(Line-X)
KC Daylighters(a bunch)
Warn Winch with hidden mount
RCD 5" Suspension Lift
RCD Skid Plate
RCD Traction Bars
4.56 Gears
Dual Rancho 9000 shocks all the way around
37" or 38" Mud tires
16.5x9.75 Eagle Alloy 143's
Custom hood with air intake
Seat covers(water proof)

Old 06-25-2001, 11:00 PM
Thumbs up

Try www.truckperformance.com
Cheat with this http://www.truckperformance.com/prod...&sf2=1997&sf3= F-150

There you can get the part numbers. They have good prices but I'd shop around too. Call Summit Racing. (see www.summitracing.com) they're great; great prices and free shipping, AND usually always in stock.

------------------
2000 EDDIE BAUER EXPEDITION 4x2
<A HREF="http://members.home.net/kennedy-jim/Expedition/2000ford.htm" TARGET=_blank>-->Follow Me...<--</A>

[This message has been edited by FamilyRide (edited 06-25-2001).]

Old 06-26-2001, 02:13 PM
Buckster,
Your timing must be right. J.C. Whitney has the Hellwig sway bars on sale right now. The front bar is $119.95 and the rear bar is $109.95. If your order is over $150, shipping is free.
Therefore, I ordered both the front and rear. The total came to ~$229 including tax.
Their number is 1-800-529-4486.
They will ask you for catalog information off of the back page:
Catalog number: 651J-06 (highlighted yellow)
Catalog ID#: 036269144 (highlighted pink)
Program Code: AFAA3 (highlighted blue)
The highlighted colors are the color of the boxes where these numbers can be found on the back page of the catalog.
The Hellwig bars are located on Page S-3, with reference to Page 59 for the complete list of vehicle application codes/letters.

I looked on page 59 and see that you would need Code A for the front bar. The Stock Number listed next to Code A is: 78UT7401PF
For the rear, Code F....stock number: 55UT5693A.

I received the following Hellwig part numbers for my 2001 F150 SuperCrew (2WD):
Front - 7646
Rear - 7621

The shipping time was approximately 8 days to Southern Cal.

Logging off now to install the front one! Any Q's, let me know.

Hope this helps you out.

------------------
2001 F-150 SuperCrew, Lariat 4x2, Black w/gray leather, 5.4L Engine, Towing package (1.02" radiator)

Modifications: Gibson SideSwept Exhaust, K&N filtercharger w/modified cold air box, ******* lid, Bed Extender, Ventvisors, Hood deflector, Black Stull Billet Grille, Lightning Tails

Shopping List: Oil filter relocation, Front & Rear Swaybars, PermaCool Cool Pack II dual electric fans (available this summer)

Old 06-27-2001, 12:14 AM
Would you please post the same for the 4x4 Supercrew with LSD and ORP and 5.4.

Old 06-27-2001, 03:52 AM
SCREWDRIVER,

I was a teenager in the 60's and know one definition of LSD. What is LSD in reference to your truck.....also ORP?

I'll get the numbers for you as soon as I hear from you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Old 06-27-2001, 03:56 AM
Angry

Buckster,

I went out to the garage earlier to put on the front bar and found that the endlinks included in the sway bar kit are 6" links, and it appears from looking underneath the truck that it should have 3" links.

I'm calling Hellwig tomorrow to get the correct length links. I will post their response. Stay tuned....

Old 06-27-2001, 01:51 PM
SCREWDRIVER,
I looked up the part numbers for the front and rear bars for the 4X4 in the J.C.Whitney catalog. The numbers are exactly the same as I posted for Buckster above. However, when you order over the phone, tell them you have a 4 wheel drive.
The rear installation is slightly different for the LSD in that you have to rotate the axle clamps forward to clear the ABS brake line. If looking from the side of the truck by the rear axle, the finished installation will have the bar on top...just forward of the axle; some say at about a 10:00 o'clock position (or 2:00 depending on what side your looking at). There are also other posts stating that you really need to torque down on the clamp nuts to prevent any rotation.
Also, I will be calling Hellwig today to find out if they can send me the correct length endlinks (came with 6"....I need 3" links). I believe the 6" links are for the 4X4 (3" stock height difference between the 2WD and 4WD???).
Good luck.

Old 06-27-2001, 02:25 PM
SCREWDRIVER,

I just spoke with Robert at Hellwig and he says the front sway bar for the 4X4 is not being manufactured yet. They are tooling up at this time and the bars will be available in 30-60 days. The part number will be 7647.
He was not sure of the endlink length, which they measure from the tip of the bolt to the surface under the bolt head (normally, links are measured by the spacer length between the inside bushings).

Buckster,
Robert at Hellwig is sending out the correct size endlinks for my 2 WD. He says the part number is CS757 and should arrive in 2 days. He did not know the length of the replacement links. When they arrive, I'll let you know. This is important because the ends of the bar must set as close to 90 degrees as possible to the top of the endlinks to work properly. With the links that came in the kit, there is too much of an angle.

Old 06-27-2001, 11:52 PM
Cool

I put on my front bars months ago when they came out (2WD). Whatever date Hellwig gives out always turns into another month, another month. Mine was one of the first ones shipped. Of course they had the wrong size end links. I measured what was required, 3.5", told them, they corrected/sent out. You would think they would be sending out the right ones months later. How much engineering does it take to drop/crawl under/measure? LAME,LAME !!

------------------
2000 F-150 XL, RC, LB, 5.4L, 4R70W, 4.10LS,
Class III tow, Payload #3, & Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS, Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner w/Paintsaver & gas/wheel/spare locks,
K&N F.I.P.K. w/Outwears pre-filter, Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back w/ 3" Y-pipe,
Hellwig front & rear anti-sway bars, Rancho RS 9000s,
Pirelli Scorpion Zero 275/60/16s, Mobil 1, K&N oil filter.

Old 06-28-2001, 12:37 AM
Area 52,

Thanks. LSD=limited slip differential and ORP=off road package. I thought perhaps these things might change the part number for my truck. Although the more I read about them the more I think that one size fits all. Or at least Hellweig, thinks so. I appreciate your help though.

Old 06-28-2001, 10:15 AM
Area 52,

Thank you, sir. I appreciate your effort. I will check again later with Hellweig, I'm glad you're giving us all this info , especially since they seem to have difficulty getting it right.

Hey Familyride,

How do you still like those Edelbrocks? I've got a set on order for my Supercrew, I think they will be good.

Old 06-28-2001, 07:26 PM
Thumbs up

Screwdriver

I still like them very much! You won't be disappointed.

------------------
2000 EDDIE BAUER EXPEDITION 4x2
--&gt;Follow Me...&lt;--

Old 06-29-2001, 11:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I put a Hellwig bar on the rear and jus replaced the front end link bushings with polyurethane for the front. The front bar seemed large enough and at the time a replacement was not available.

------------------
97 F-150, 2WD, Reg Cab,Flareside,Dk Toreador Red, Windsor 4.6, Magnecor 8.5mm wires, Bosch Plat +4s, 3.55 LS, EGR Bug Deflector, Retrax Bed Cover, BedRug, XL Full Length Running Boards,EGR Fender Flares, Air Aid Kit, Gibson Single Out Cat Back, Superchips, TransGo Shift Kit, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Hellwig 2500# Overload Springs,Energy Suspension Polyurethane Front Sway Bar Bushings, 265 70 16 tires, Rancho RS9000 shocks,Expedition Center Console

Old 06-29-2001, 10:53 PM
Well, with a buddy's help I put the Edelbrocks on my Screw last night (4x4) and I did it after waterskiing. Too much work. Strangely enough the rears were cake. It was the fronts that had me grunting and swearing. With the strap on there was not enough clearance to get them on so we had to use other methods(read grunt) to get them in. Took about 3 hours in all. They are STIFF as heck, the precharge must be phenomenal. Anyway they look great and if I could just get around to driving it I'll give you all a driver's report.

Old 07-01-2001, 11:30 PM
Thumbs up Edelbrock test drive

Well, I got my Screw out for a drive on Sunday with the new shocks for the first time. They are definitely firm. They are also surprisingly compliant. They are true to their word for decreasing body lean in turns. Much nicer overall. A good move all in all. The freeway "whoops" that used to bounce the truck once extra after traversing no longer give me the extra bounce because the truck is so well damped now that it regains composure immediately. Truck has better composure and feels more responsive and there is joy in making a good suspension better. Money well spent.

Quick Reply: Hellwig part numbers