Will this look stupid?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2001, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Will this look stupid?

I want to add the AIM spindles but i think this might not look good b/c i have 35's with 2inch leveling kit and 1.5 blocks with a 3" body lift. It already appears as if the tires are too small. If i add the spindles i cant raise the back up anymore b/c of my ircorrectable driveline angle. Will this be too high in the front? or will this look stupid?

------------------
*White 97 F-150 Supercab XLT 2WD
*4.6L Triton V8 3.55's
*Fabtech 2" Leveling Kit with Fabtech A-Arms.
*Fabtech shocks
*1.5"rear blocks
*SuperLift 3 inch BodyLift
*315/75/16 Kelly Wild Spirts
*American Racing AR136 16x8
*Flow Master True Duel 40 series
*Rhino Liner
*K&N Filter
*Smitty Built Brush Guard
*Magellan GPS Navigation
*Lund Wind Visors Bug Deflector
*Kenwood Deck Punch Amp
*2 JL W-6 10's
*2 KC Daylighters and
*2 Procomp Stainless Steel
WISH LIST:
*3.5 Fabtech Lift Spindles
*4.10's
*BETTER BRAKES

Old 06-22-2001, 08:26 AM
I have the 3" aim spindles and love them they not only lift the truck but push the wheels out a little so i can make a tighter turn radius. The only problem I had is the spindles would not work with the FABTECH leveling kit threw the alignment so far out the alignment place could not fix it so I put the stock springs in. so now I have 3" in front 3" in rear and 3" body and 285/75r16 and it looks killer.

------------------
Mods:
Smitty Built:Brush guard,Nerf Bars
Jacobs Ignition
chassis tech 3" lift spindles
Pro comp extra travel shocks fr+ba
Micky Thompson Mtx 185/75r16
hypertech super chip
Rancho 2" blocks+add a leaf
Moble 1 synthetic 0w30 oil
Red line atf and rear end lube
performance accessories 3" body lift+gap guards
JVC Kamilion and kenwood 100x4 amp, planet audio 5x6 fr 6x9 in rear
Machanical water and oil guages+tach
bed liner, (Swiss Cap for sale)
80/100w superblue headlamps
4.10 rear end gears
Hellwig rear antisway bar
Flow master Y pipe JBA Headers, Edelbrock cat back exaust.

Old 06-22-2001, 10:46 AM
Just replace the rear blocks with 3" ones for a level look or 4" for a slight tilt. "ircorrectable"??? Just get the correct degree shims for the blocks or get angled blocks. That will fix the angle. Don't ever stack blocks, if that's what your plan was. They can come loose and slip out and you will get into a bad wreck. Hope this helps.

Old 06-22-2001, 04:23 PM
I think it is possible for me to add the spindles plus the leveling kit b/c i already have the fabtech upper a arms. I think it can be alingned. I had tried 2.5 inch angled blocks in the rear but my drive shaft would make a poping sound when i put it in drive or reverse. They guy at the shop told me that my 2wd ford can not fit 3 inch blocks in the rear but i was skeptical.

Old 06-22-2001, 04:55 PM
Go to a new shop. You can fit a 4" block without a problem, although I wouldn't recomend it. Try superlift, I think the have angle blocks. Give them a call and see what they say. If you can't find anything for some reason, get some add a leafs, I think each one is 2" of left but it will stiffen your ride in the back. Either way, it won't be as good of a ride as stock.

Now, if you are interested in a really cool custom mod, try to find a shop around you that will do a custom rear shackle flip. Basically, this gives you 4" of lift. Since this is a totally custom job with parts that need to be welded, it won't be cheap, probably around $200 - $300, but I think this is the best option for the rear. Let me know if you want details.

------------------
2000 Silver F-150 XL Sport
Reg. Cab, Reg. Bed, 4.2L V6, 5-speed, 4x2

mods:
Tailgate lock, Generic bedliner
285/75r16 BFG AT ko (32.9x11.4)
Sony CD player, Blaunpunkt 5.25" speakers
McGuard Wheel locks
---------------------
Never let your schooling interfere with your education --Mark Twain

Old 06-22-2001, 06:51 PM
Lightbulb

I just have one question....how are you running 35's with only 5 inches of lift. I have a 6" procomp lift on order for my 2wd and the guy is telling me that the 35's I order may not fit. Did you have to do any trimming? How much? Thanks.

------------------
1997 F-150 XLT 4x2 SC 4.6L
Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow with 3.5"x22" Chrome Slach Cut Tips
Kicker 8" Subwoofer
200 Watt Amp

http://www.F150online.com/offroadguy

On Order:
-6" ProComp Stage II Pro-Ride Lift
-35" ProComp AT Tires
-American Racing Baja 16x8 Wheels

Future Mods:
-4.56 Gears
-3" PA Body Lift
-Stull Billet Grille
-Clear Corner Lenses
-Euro Taillights

Old 06-23-2001, 01:26 AM
offroadguy,

I fit 315's with only a 3" body lift when i first got my truck but since then i have added more lift. It only rubbed on the swaybar and after i added the new a arms it stopped rubbing.

If i add the spindles will i need extended brake lines?

Old 06-24-2001, 09:42 PM
hmmm, just don't understand how 315's can fit with just a 3 inch body lift when some of these guys say they rub with 6 inches. still other are running the 315's with spindles, a-arms, and body lift. guess i got screwed, with just the 3 inch body lift my 305's rubbed . . .

------------------
Oxford White 1998 F-150 STX, reg. cab, flareside, 4.2, auto, 3.55s, tint, Prestige alarm, Bel radar detector, Pioneer CD player, 4 Polk 5x7's, Stull billet grille and bumper insert, Flowmaster exhaust, K&N airfilter, V-Tech Tailight Covers(painted to match truck), removed factory mud flaps, Clear Corner Lenses, DJM shackles(removed for lift), Billet Oval Mirror, 3in. Body Lift, lift lips, chrome tow hooks, Pilot driving lights mounted behind billet bumper insert, 16x8 Ultra Wheels, 305/70/16 Goodyear AT/S, Custom door ding from some a$$hole, Fabtech Spindle Lift, 2in. blocks out back FUTURE MODS: rancho rsx shocks, 1 1/2in. coil spacers, 2in. add-a-leafs, 315/75-16 yokohama geolander mt's, and still working on getting that dang door ding fixed . . . FIGHTIN TEXAS AGGIE C/O '03

check out www.f150world.com/abercrombieaggie for pics . . .

Old 06-25-2001, 09:06 AM
Couple of explinations warrented here:

First, JSL1414, you will not need new brake lines, the spindle lift only raises the location of the thingie your tires turn on. It does not actually lift the frame away from the suspention. However since you are moving the location of tire rotation, you get lift.

Next, offroad guy, the reason that big lifts with big tires don't work sometimes is that those lifts increase wheel travel dramatically. Hence, with more travel, the tires might rub. In your case, I don't think it will happen. You should be good.

Lastly, J_Rock, the reason these guys can fit 315's with only a body lift is that they retain the original suspension which is very limiting in wheel travel. Almost no wheel travel means that if a tire can fit in the wheel well, it won't rub because it's not moving around a lot. That's how I was able to fit 285's with no lift on my 4x2. One other thing, the reason you got screwed is because you are trying to fit a wide tire with no suspension lift, and it's rubbing. The reason JSL1414 got his to work is because of the 2" leveling kit he has up front, that lifted his frame up high enough so as not to let the wide tires rub.

Hope this clears a few things up.

------------------
2000 Silver F-150 XL Sport
Reg. Cab, Reg. Bed, 4.2L V6, 5-speed, 4x2

mods:
Tailgate lock, Generic bedliner
285/75r16 BFG AT ko (32.9x11.4)
Sony CD player, Blaunpunkt 5.25" speakers
McGuard Wheel locks
---------------------
Never let your schooling interfere with your education --Mark Twain

Old 06-25-2001, 09:04 PM
roland~
i was simply stating that when i had just my 3 inch body lift my 305's rubbed really bad, while jsl1414 said his 315's just rubbed on the swaybar. i also remember davensa saying the 315's rubbed on his truck with the fabtech 6 1/2in. lift. i was going to buy the 315's, but had two differet places tell me they would still rub with my spindles and body lift . . .

Quick Reply: Will this look stupid?