Speedometer change

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2001, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Speedometer change

I am putting a 3' spindle lift with 2' blocks on my 98, 2wd Supercab this weekend. I am putting on ProComp 305/70/16 tires with a 16X8 rim. I asked the four wheel shop about anything that would convert my speedometer to adjust for my bigger tires. He said that superlift was going to make a chip or something to switch my odometer and speedometer, but it is not out yet. I asked him if there was anything else and he said no. Is this guy full of it, or is there no other way to change my speedometer and odometer? If there is can you tell me the product name and where to get it(email site to find it).

Old 06-14-2001, 02:47 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Red face

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GoalieMD16:
I am putting a 3' spindle lift with 2' blocks on my 98, 2wd Supercab this weekend. I am putting on ProComp 305/70/16 tires with a 16X8 rim. I asked the four wheel shop about anything that would convert my speedometer to adjust for my bigger tires. He said that superlift was going to make a chip or something to switch my odometer and speedometer, but it is not out yet. I asked him if there was anything else and he said no. Is this guy full of it, or is there no other way to change my speedometer and odometer? If there is can you tell me the product name and where to get it(email site to find it). </font>
3 foot lift!! Just kidding... I know you mean 3 inches. (')= foot, (")= inches. Anyway, the speedo/odometer change depends on the year of your rig. Mine only required a VSS gear change. I think 98 is the same. 99 and above, I believe need to be programed. My other guess is that if you have a digital odometer, you have to reprogram. Analog, VSS gear change. Oh yeah, welcome to the site!!

------------------
1997 F150 4x4 Off Road, SuperCab, Short Box, 5.4, Royal Blue/Silver, K&N, Gibson SS, LT265/75/16 Wild Country APT's

Old 06-14-2001, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHO IS DOING THE WORK, AND IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING WHAT MANUFACTURER IS IT AND WHAT IS THE INSTALLED COST????

------------------
Red 01' Sport
JVC in dash
Cerwin Vega Upgrades
Spray in linner
Tinted windows

Quick Reply: Speedometer change