Really cheap lift ($500)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2001, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Really cheap lift ($500)

just wanted to let everyone know that you can get a 4" suspension lift on carparts.com for 500 bucks. Actually the cost is like 588, but with the 15% off coupon code 1964005, its 500. It does not include shocks though. Oh yeah and its a warn lift. But hey, its cheap!

------------------
NEW TRUCK!
00 f150 ext. cab 4x4 ORP w/5.4/auto, black! Tan buckets, expy center console, tinted windows, westin nerf bars, flowmaster 40 series, remote start/alarm/keyless entry, headlight/taillight covers, Lund wiper cowl, vent visors, tono cover

old truck
99 black f150 4x2 ext. cab sport w/4.6 V8. external mods. include:
3" body lift, 3.5" fabtech lift, airaid FIPK, JBA headers, Superchip headlight/taillight covers, wiper schroud, shadeblade, ventshade, bug deflector, bed liner, tonno cover, and custom duel exhaust out the sides with 3.5" chrome tips and NO muffler. Tires: Mickey Thompson Baja HP 35 12.50 17 internal mods. include:
Pioneer indash cdplayer, 2 12" subs, 400 watt amp, remote start, and aftermarket alarm
http://www.4tssinc.com/truck
http://www.mifordtrucks.com

Old 03-01-2001, 04:10 PM
I thought that Warn discontinued their line of suspension parts. Also, if maybe they have kits left over for sell, did you see that it requires like two parts, a front parts box and a rear parts box. Or at least that is how they used to sell them. Did anyone on the board ever install one of these?

Old 03-01-2001, 06:43 PM
Angry

After being skepticle and investigating this(I was still a little eager) I found the lift and the price is right!!! So get excited as hell, scroll down the page and see the note that it's only for the 5.4l. I have the 4.2L. DANG!!! Looks like I am still stuck spending the $1300 for the superlift. Oh well.

Old 03-01-2001, 08:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay, so a 4" suspension lift for $588 got my attention! I checked it out and it says for a 97-98 only. Here is what the description said:

*Warn Part #780939
*97-98 Ford F-Series, F150, 4WD, 5.4 L engine only
*97-98 Ford F-Series, F150, 4WD, Short bed standard cab pickup may require rear drive line modification

Ford Suspension System
Robotically welded sub-structure and transmission cross member are structurally reinforced for maximum durability and reliability. Allows for 33" tires on stock wheels. Provides increased ground clearance and wheel travel while raising the vehicle 4" overall. Complete bolt on system includes all components necessary to improve ride and handling characteristics. Includes all mounting hardware and detailed installation instructions. Limited Lifetime Warranty.System includes: Front Lower Control Arm and Differential Sub-structure Cast iron Upper Control Arm ball joint spacer. Extended anti-sway bar drop links and polyurethane bushings. Dropped Centerlink. New Transmission mount cross member. Torsion Bar cross member relocation brackets. Rear Add-A-Leafs and U-Bolts included. All necessary hardware. Complete installation instructions.

Does anyone know if this kit can be adapted to work on a 2000? Must have lift kit.

------------------
Howie's Effie
Amazon Green 2000 F150 XLT 5.4L 4x4 ORP Supercab Flareside
Captains Chairs, Electronic Shift, Rear Slider, Keyless Entry, Cab Steps, 3.55 L/S
Mods: Superchip, FIPK, Flowmaster Force II, Scorpion Spray in Liner, fogs + hibeams (thanks FedExPilot)

Wife's New Ride: 2001 Mustang GT Convertible!
True Blue with Tan Top and Tan Leather.

Old 03-01-2001, 10:44 PM
well, I'll let you know. I bought one today. and used the 15% off couplon and saved $88.12! So a lift for under 500, well 499 or something like that. Anyways, they have a 30 day return policy and they will pay to get it shiped back to them. So you can't go wrong. I just bought it to see if it would work. I also have a 2000. What do you have to lose? just the 40$ for shiping.

------------------
NEW TRUCK!
00 f150 ext. cab 4x4 ORP w/5.4/auto, black! Tan buckets, expy center console, tinted windows, westin nerf bars, flowmaster 40 series, remote start/alarm/keyless entry, headlight/taillight covers, Lund wiper cowl, vent visors, tono cover

old truck
3" body lift, 3.5" fabtech lift, airaid FIPK, JBA headers, Superchip headlight/taillight covers, wiper schroud, shadeblade, ventshade, bug deflector, bed liner, tonno cover, and custom duel exhaust out the sides with 3.5" chrome tips and NO muffler. Tires: Mickey Thompson Baja HP 35 12.50 17 internal mods. include:
Pioneer indash cdplayer, 2 12" subs, 400 watt amp, remote start, and aftermarket alarm

Old 03-01-2001, 11:08 PM
Question

Let me know how this one goes, because I was exactly in your shoes about six months ago. There are old posts on that exact same lift, on the 4" Black Diamond lift that is on Carparts.com. I investigated, called Warn/Black Diamond, and they said as of Sept. 1, 2000, Warn was discontinuing all Black Diamond products. A customer service rep also told me something along the lines of the Black Diamond lift for the 97+ F-150s should never have been out on the market because they were recalled right when they went out. I will follow how your order goes, keep us all posted......PS. Unless they lowered the price or something, I was always coming up with $800 something when I was pricing them a long time ago, because you have to order two shocks for the front and two shocks for the rear.

------------------
Black 1997 F-150 Extended Cab
4x4 w/Off-Road Package
5.4 liter Triton V8
Luverne Stainless Steel Nerf Bars
DeeZee Silver Series Toolbox
Grizzly Oval Style Chrome Grill/Brush Guard
Wrap around bug shield
Ventshade Ventvisors
Ford Factory Bedliner
Pioneer Deh-P6000 45 Watt CD stereo w 2 12" Sony XPlod Subwoofers
3" Performance Accessories Body Lift running factory tires right now
Smittybilt Outland Tail light guards.
Just Received today: 16x10 American Racing Polished Atlas Wheels

Old 03-01-2001, 11:56 PM
Thumbs up

HEY CHRISTRUCKER,
LET ME KNOW IF THIS KIT WILL WORK FOR 2000!!!
I'M LOOKING INTO ONE RIGHT NOW!! $1500 BUXS
THIS WOULD BE THE WAY TO GO IF IT WORKS!!!

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, EXT. CAB, BLACK, OFF-ROAD PKG,
DYNOMAX PERFORMANCE EXHAUST, JET PERFORMANCE MODULE, K&N FILTERCHARGER
POWER EVERYTHING, CLASS III HITCH, TINTED WINDOWS
CLARION PRO AUDIO SOUND SYSTEM W/ 6-DISC CHANGER, 12" KICKER SUB

SOON TO BE ADD-ONS:
4" PRO-COMP SUSPENSION LIFT
305/70/16 PRO COMP MUD TERRIANS W/ MICKY T'S CLASSIC I or II'S

Old 03-02-2001, 08:52 AM
well, If I don't like the way it looks, or I don't think it will work right, I will send it back and get the Rancho, or RCD lift (haven't decided yet) but if this looks okay, then I will try to install it. It says it has a liftime warrenty anyways, but who knows what that means.

------------------
NEW TRUCK!

old truck

Old 03-02-2001, 04:07 PM
This kits will not have lifetime warranty. Will be very limited. I do not remember the exact message but last year I contacted them with the same concern and there was a recall on one of the front suspension components.

The price is a real temptation but I am not sure that I want to install a lift kit without the long term support that I am looking for.

I wouldn't do any modifications to adapt this to any other model than the 5.4.

Christrucker quest will help to bring some light to the case.

------------------
My Ride: 1998 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercab Flareside 5.4L in Oxford White/gold, ORP, Tow Package, 3.55 Gears.

Modifications:
Optima Red Top Battery
Split Fire Spark Plugs
K&N FIPK
Gibson Supertruck Exhaust System
Stepshield door sill protectors
Performance Accesories 3" Body Lift
Performance Accesories Lift Lips by Mountain Enterprises
Superlift 3" lift blocks
Gabriel Gas Ryder LT VST Shocks
Daystar Front Anti-sway Bar Polyurethane Bushings
Heckethorn Steering Stabilizer
35x12.5R16.5LT BFG All Terrain KO's
16.5x9.75 American Eagle 589's.
McGard Premium Wheel Locks

Photos at: http://www.communicomgroup.com/jmtruck

Old 03-02-2001, 04:18 PM
Hey guys, I think I might try putting on the suspension lift first, just so I can see if it will work, I also have the body lift I need to install. Just have to get the time. Last time it took me about 12 hours, so I am thinking it will take a little less this time (for the body anyways). The suspension is another story. I will get the instructions and get out my 2000 factory ford cd, and try to "virtually" install the lift, and see if I can see where there might be some problems. I will also have to go get some shocks up at the local 4x4 shop to stick on there, He sells racho shocks, which ones should I get? I'll let you guys know what I find out when I get the lift in my hands.

------------------
NEW TRUCK!

old truck

Old 03-02-2001, 09:36 PM
Hey Chris, while you are getting shocks you'll also need to get a 2-4" leaf spring pack or block kit to lift your rear because for that $500.00 price that is for the front component of the lift only.

Old 03-03-2001, 12:08 AM
Question

I called Warn about the lift and they said that the lift desighn was sold to a company called "Woods Ready Dist."(318-807-6666/866-680-6666toll free). Also the warenty on these lifts is supposed to be honered untill sometime this year I think(If memory serves it was on their web site), So I don't know if this was affected by a recall. Maybe it's been confused with the superlift recall.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me why the 5.4 lift wont work for the 4.2? And can modifications be done to make it work?

Old 03-05-2001, 11:54 PM
Wink

Told ya so?

Old 03-06-2001, 12:18 AM
Actually in the notes of the carparts.com page, I think it metions lift blocks for the rear. maybe not though.

Old 03-06-2001, 12:34 AM
well, no go guys, aparently they don't have anymore of the lifts, they called me today and told me they didn't have them anymore. So I guess I'll be buying a superlift.

------------------
NEW TRUCK!

old truck

Quick Reply: Really cheap lift ($500)