Air Suspension Auto Leveler Option

Old 01-25-2001, 08:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Air Suspension Auto Leveler Option

I have a few questions about the Air Suspension / Auto Leveler option on my 1997 F250.

This is (was?) a factory option which is even listed in the owner's manual for the truck. The manual mentions that whenever the truck will be on a lift, etc., to disable the air suspension.

Do y'all that have this option do this when you have your truck serviced?

How common is this option? Whenever I bring my truck in for service and inform the service writer that it has the option, they always say "Air suspension? What's that? Trucks don't normally have that." This is at a huge Ford truck dealership. (Most of the trucks on the lot make my F250 look small.)

Has anyone had problems with the bladder (of th truck) leaking? The pump for mine comes on at odd times which makes me think that the bladder has a small leak.

Final question. I'm not sure if the air suspension is causing this (or whether there is some other problem developing) but I have problems with water not draining out of the bed of the truck. After it rains or snows, the water tends to accumulate in the front of the truck bed. I would assume that it should drain out instead. Even when I parkon an incline in my driveway with the back end lower than the front, I still find the puddles in the front of the bed. Is it possible that the air suspension is "over leveling" the bed? Anyway to adjust it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Air Suspension Auto Leveler Option