Still researching 4x4 suspension lifts.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2000, 11:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Still researching 4x4 suspension lifts.

Hey everyone, I have a '97 F-150 4x4 and am in the process of saving up and at the same time doing some research on a good suspension lift for the '97+ F-150 4x4's. I have found a lot of great info on all the lifts from Pro Comp, Rancho, Superlift, and Trailmaster, but one lift that I know exists because I've seen it for sale, but I have never seen any info on is the 4" Black Diamond suspension lift. I've been to their website and they don't list any specs for it. The reason for the sudden interest in it is because at carparts.com, this kit only costs $850.00 I believe, and a local 4x4 shop in my area is having a 25% off sale of all Warn/Black Diamond products right now. So if anyone as any info on this lift I'd be most appreciative. (By the way, I've already spent over an hour reading all the past susp threads to no avail) Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Old 08-23-2000, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is an article for you:
http://www.truck*********/4x4-OffRoa...FordF-150.html

stupid editing. Anyways it is truck world . com (all one word) and then the rest there.

[This message has been edited by Matt90GT (edited 08-23-2000).]

Old 08-24-2000, 01:10 AM
Question

Does Carparts.com still have a 1/3 off coupon going? If so, do you know the code?

------------------
1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 extended cab short bed
Options: Off Road package, Towing package, 4.6L V8, Captain's chairs, LS rear axle, green with two tone tan
Modifications: Westin Brushguard
Pioneer Premier cassette receiver with 6-disc CD changer
Goodyear Wrangler AT/S
Future mods: Superchip
Nerf bars(Manik or Warn)
Spray-in-bedliner
KC Daylighters
Winch(Ramsey or Warn)with hidden mount
Trailmaster 4" Lift Kit
35" BFGoodrich tires
Dual exhaust(Borla or K&N)
Next Generation K&N II Kit
Custom hood with air intake
Seat covers(water proof)

Old 08-24-2000, 02:05 AM
Hey guys, I've been reading up on the boards for some time now and I'll be replacing my '94 Ranger 4x4 (RIP) with a '01 ORP S/C F-150. Anyways, I am an administrator at clubsi.com because I own a civic too. So theres a little background on me.

As far as Warn goes, they are no longer making the kit for the F-150, I wanted Black Diamond too, so I spoke with Warn Directly and was told because of the liability they are getting out of the lift business. Although, it appears they'll be still doing stuff with the jeeps. Just thought you'd like to know.

--Sean

------------------
Happy Off-Roading!
Huntington Beach, CA
Soon to have '01 ORP
Administrator www.clubsi.com

Old 08-24-2000, 09:34 AM
I'm a little disappointed that Warn is no longer doing that lift, that seemed to be a good article, including the tire and gear changes that came with the lift. Specifically

"The wheel ends on the truck were converted to a pre-'97 five-lug pattern and the stock tires and wheels were replaced with 35x12.50-15 BFGoodrich Mudders and American Racing AR212 wheels. Reider Racing 4.11:1 replacement gears were installed in both diffs to put the speedo back closer to its original location. "

What changes do others make with their suspension lift kits?

Old 08-24-2000, 02:39 PM
Thumbs down

I got the Pro-Comp 4" put on my Bronco about 1 year ago. I DO NOT recommend it. It is starting to show surface rust and the ride is not as nice a my friends Rancho lifted F-150. I would go for Rancho. Also, 4 wheel parts wholesalers dosent tell the truth as to installation difficulty over the phone. Call the manufacturer for the real lowdown. Good luck.

------------------
1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer. 351 V-8, 4 inch Pro-Comp suspension lift, K&N Filtercharger® FIPK, Dynomax, 32x11.50 Dunlops, Manik front/rear brush guards.

Old 08-24-2000, 05:51 PM
Angry

You're exactly right Spartan. I had emailed Warn to get some info on their Black Diamond suspension lifts and just got a reply today saying they got out of the black diamond suspension lift business. Wonder if Carparts.com still has some in inventory and might mark them down?

Old 08-24-2000, 07:55 PM
Thumbs up

Hey guys, just talked to a customer service rep at carparts.com, and they told me that the Black Diamond kit is still for sale and is still in stock. The total for everything comes to $900.34+shipping, and if I saw your post right, Buckster, there is a 1/3 off coupon somewhere?

Old 08-24-2000, 09:12 PM
the 1/3 off coupon is only good for up to $300.

Old 08-24-2000, 10:46 PM
Hey Matt90Gt, what's the code for that coupon? The best one I could find was the 1/3 off up to $100.00 coupon.

Old 08-24-2000, 11:32 PM
sdiesel316

Just talk to a rep service guy at carparts and I think he was confused, and got me scared for a moment, but I think I will be calling again. I have $900 for the system without shipping as you do. That's for the front components, rear components and the shocks.

But I was asking for the front component boxes part # 780939 and 781100 only. As far as I understood from their web site that's $551.06. Just the front, two boxes. But he told me that's for each box. I don't think so but I was not in the mood to argue. He told me if that is in the website they may have some in inventory for sale.

If you are calling again, can you confirm this for me? My english is not too good and to try to get to understand a person so far away in a different language is very hard, specially if an aditional $551.06 are the issue. But if we can clarify this I may be interested in getting one of those.

If you have some news, you can contact me at jmogroup@bigplanet.com.

If you have time, check the miscelaneous section of my truck site for three new shots.
www.communicomgroup.com/jmtruck

------------------
1998 F150 4x4 in Oxford White with gold accents,SuperCab, Lariat Flareside w/5.4L, 4 Speed Auto., ORP, Tow Package, 3.55 Gears.

Modifications: K&N FIPK, Stepshield door sill protectors, Performance Accesories 3" body lift and Lift Lips.

[This message has been edited by JMTruck (edited 08-24-2000).]

Old 08-25-2000, 12:45 AM
Well, I've read all the lift posts, can someone please post something about the general pros and cons of a lift kit: the options in the front and rear, adding a leaf.
Quality of rides, turning, performance better with an added leaf? Does a suspension lift (I'm talking 3-4" max) put lots of wear-and tear on the truck, to the point where it could be seriously damaging in the long run? I kinda want my truck to last a LONG time. Differences in kit (quality, etc).

It was hard to get a good idea of all the ups and downs of the suspension lift through all the old posts.

As you all may, or may not have read in other forums, I went skidding around a turn, into a deer and then really hard into a tree, so my truck will be in the shop. They decided that it was a good idea to replace the frame, so would this be a good time for a suspension lift if the shop will do it?

Can see pics at http://www.superlink.net/~spartan

Al

------------------
97F150 XLT SC 4x4 Flairside 4.6 V8 5sp Dk Toreador Red, 3.55LS
ARE tonneau cover, p255/70rx16 tires (came w/235), Superchip
Pioneer CD w/4 Polk Speakers, skid plates
bed liner, side window deflectors, reese hitch, K&N air filter
40s-2chamber Flowmaster, Bosch +4 spark plugs, rustproofing
Better Built Stainless nerf bars
heavy duty shocks

Old 08-25-2000, 10:47 AM
Hey JMTruck, I can tell you right now that you only need one box of the front components. First off, it only says you need one, (did you notice on the others it said "quantity of 2 needed to order?) That's because all those were your front shocks and your rear shocks (you need two for each side.) As for $900.00+shipping, I did find a coupon for 33% off last night, but the only 33% off coupon that I could find was for a maximum of up to $100.00 off. Well, I guess that takes it to $800.34+shipping. As of right now, I've actually been doing a lot of thinking and talking with Squanto lately, and for an extra $200.00, one could go with the Trailmaster 4" lift that is built to be very similar to the Black Diamond lift with the ball joint spacers, and then its nice to know that if something would ever go wrong with it, you'd be dealing with a business that's still making lift kits for your truck. As for me though, an extra $200.00 is definitely worth it. I have yet to hear from my shop to see how much they can get the Black Diamond lift for, so if its under $700.00, then I will probably go with it. Well, good luck to all in their individual endeavors!

Old 08-26-2000, 11:05 PM
Today I received an e-mail from Anne Snedecor, Senior Technical Customer Service Representative for Warn Industries, telling me that the F150 kits were pulled off of the the market a couple of years ago. They were having problems with the center rod relay. They fixed the kits that were in the field but never re-introduced the kit.

So, I think I will go with a different brand. Anyway I will have to delay the installation of the 4" lift and the 37's because of other reasons. I will go now with 35's.

------------------
1998 F150 4x4 in Oxford White with gold accents,SuperCab, Lariat Flareside w/5.4L, 4 Speed Auto., ORP, Tow Package, 3.55 Gears.

Modifications: K&N FIPK, Stepshield door sill protectors, Performance Accesories 3" body lift and Lift Lips.

Old 08-27-2000, 10:39 AM
check this link for all the carparts.com specials:
http://www.amazing-bargains.com/carparts.html

Quick Reply: Still researching 4x4 suspension lifts.