Post body lift questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2000, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Post body lift questions

Hey Guys, I need some help.
I finished putting a 3" body lift on my f150 but I have a problem. I now have about an inch of play in my steering. In other words I have to turn the wheel about an inch before it turns the wheels. It is almost like the steering shaft spacer is loose, but it won't go any tighter. As far as the installation, I did most of it myself and it took about 14 hrs total. The worst part was the front two mounting bolts that are mounted upside down. They collect water by the nut and rust. It must have took 30 minutes a bolt on the front. Be careful with the wooden block method, the blocks may shift as you jack it up if you are using a floor jack. Next Month spindles and add-a-leaves. By end of summer 3.5" fabtech lift and 35's. By the way has anyone heard if fabtech has started selling the spindles, I remember someone saying it would be 30 days and that they would be around $480.00.
Thanks in advance!

Old 03-14-2000, 11:12 PM
I don't know if Fabtech has the spindles yet but they are the Bullseye spindles that they sell from what I heard. Also, I was just told that Explorer Pro Comp just acquired Bullseye. The spindles I just ordered came in an Explorer Pro Comp box with Bullseye instructions...

Old 03-15-2000, 01:33 PM
yeah those two front bolts are a pain!! I had to use an impact hammer on 'em...and they still took an hour to get each of 'em off.

my stering is fine, I don't have any play at all in mine. Did you strap the steering wheel in place before you disconnected the shaft? I used some bungys to hold it exactly in position so it couldn't move at all while it was disconnected. Don't know if this would cause the problem though. Good luck.

------------------
1997 Arctic White F-150 XLT Flareside SC, K&N, Magnaflow muffler, Air Box mods, Bugflector II, Soft Tonneau Cover, Chrome Westin Bars, 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift, tinted windows

Flares Rule!!!!!

Old 03-15-2000, 02:27 PM
Talking

My steering is fine too. The instructions for my body lift told me to lock the whel in place before you start. I don't know if this could've caused your problem either.

My upside down bolts came off in under 1 min each with an Impact.

Fabtech doesn't use Bullseye's spindles any more. They're making their own.

------------------
98 F150 2WD,Bright Red, Regular Cab, 4.2, 3.55, 5 Speed, Superchip, 2 Superchip Decals (I Think They Add 5 HP Each), 3 Inch Bullseye Lift Spindles, 3" Body Lift, 1" Coil Spacers, 3" Blocks In Rear,Manik Grill Guard,Nerf Bars, Vent Visors,Air Box Mod, Fog Lights Mounted In Front Air Dam ,4 Kc DayLighters, Back Up Lights, Alpine CD Player, 2 Kenwood Amps, 10 Inch MTX Blue Thunder SubWoofer, Tinted Windows. 35" BFGOODRICH ALL TERRAIN KO'S Mounted on 16.5x9.75 American Racing Baja Rims

..........."IF YOU CAN'T STOP, SMILE AS YOU GO UNDER"...........

'00 Toyota Celica GT( Wife's Car )

Pics @ http://www.angelfire.com/la2/ccla/

[This message has been edited by ccla (edited 03-15-2000).]

Quick Reply: Post body lift questions