SuperCrew

Spray In Bedliner Reviews

Old 07-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had Line-X in my old truck. When I got this one the dealership did it for free and used Reflex, I believe. I've been happy with both, however, I would get the Reflex again over the Line-X as it has more grip to it. Things don't slide around the bed as easily.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Thumbs down Beware of Spray-Cancerous-Lining-Scams

The worst complaints of any Spray- Lining (Sprayed on Bedliner) is the professional scams by manufacturers hiding safety facts such as carcinogenic formulations. Line-X, Rhino Linings & other Spray Lining professionals know about these safety issues. Several innocent victims got sick from Super Liner. This deal on the Super Liner Phone # is 512-990-8808. Their website,
http://www.bedliner.com/Bedliner.com...uperLiner.html states, "Batch mix systems are those systems, which allow the A-side and B-side to be mixed together prior to application" ... Super Liner then sates, "... One, you must understand the Volatile Organic Content of the product by measurement of pounds per gallon. This is a federal standard by which hazardous products... Super Liner goes on, "A lower flash point can mean exposing your employees to a higher risk of danger." True, but the scam is that its not VOC that can cause cancer, its ISOCYANATES! Super Liner's "Technical Data" states, "PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF CURED LINING"... "CURED", we know means after the Lining is sprayed & the sprayed lining is dry! What about when you spray it? There are no warnings publicly displayed, no MSDS and when I called Super Liner, also called Viper, maybe some other names, is run by Simmons Industries, Inc. from Austin, Texas. It says in the site, "Simmons is a family owned and operated business with over 60 years of combined experience in the urethane coatings industry..." Urethane is not what the sell, its polyurea hybrid. While these hybrids are usually good quality, its required by law, to display safety data with any/all warnings BEFORE a person decides to buy these hazardous chemicals. Its unlikely that the Simmons' had access to these formulas 60 years ago. Read, "In the 1990s new two-component polyurethane and hybrid polyurethane-polyurea elastomers were used for spray-in-place load bed liners"... in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyurethane#History... Actually, there are a few other company names to beware of: Speedliner, Scorpion Coatings also called Als Liner, Qwikliner, also called Ultimate Linings or Xtreme Liner, there may be others. To prevent breathing liquid cancer just request complete MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) and all safety specs prior to buying these chemicals. Ironically, they are usually good quality, so "Spray-Lining-Complaints" exist mainly from untrained, inexperienced applicators who may say they're Professionals but many can be real Scam Artists that Work in unsafe spray-on Lining environments; that is, if they don't get killed by their own hazardous formula.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:38 AM
I just got the factory option bed line spray. Cost the same amount and no inconvenience to me of having brought somewhere else and waiting to get it back.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:48 PM
The Spray-Lining Heist

Ethical Competition or Highway Robbery; You Be the Judge.

Here's what Spray-Lining and Coatings™' competitors may never believe: Our team has directed more dealership and DIY prospects to our own competitive vendors than they'd ever believe. Our Dealership Solutions are not for those who'd justify Line-X, Rhino Linings or brand imitators. Spray-Lining and Coatings™ Dealers are not for those justifying costs of brands as such. Brand names are a positive investment for some but not for our clientele. I've advised many hundreds of big truck dealers to go with these brand names. Similarly, with very large body shops, especially those using DRPs to stick with similar brands. Spray-Lining sells similar polyureas as larger conglomerates sell. Usually going through these same spray equipment i.e. Graco’s EXP1 or EXP2 popular with spray bed lining dealers, all high-pressure, fusion or low pressure systems, or lower cost units like the E-10. Some of these machines we’d buy and rebuild use newer Probler I or ProblerII guns by GlasCraft are loaned out on one-time jobs to the job clients; called “Big DIY’s”… Cartridge systems are also sold, several hopper guns as well. No minimums, so if you can’t afford 100 gallons call us (1-972-996-7326).

Complaints or sour Spray-Lining™ Reviews are never by consumers or our dealers. Complaints are always by dealers or applicators of competing brands. All signed agreements under the name Rhino or they’re Line-X franchises near our dealers or buy similar polyuria elastomeric at higher costs. I’ve read most complaints. Some purchased a Spray-Lining product but cannot obtain polyurea or poly hybrid at reduced dealer cost because they’d undercut our local dealer. Some know the previous Rhino guys or other brand who jumped ship to Spray-Lining; complaints of previous brands notwithstanding. Brand name complaints are usually giant minimums, astronomical pricing and zero technical support. Comparing to our deal, only one converted brand shop or one owner per zone of 400,000 population competes with many brand guys in same area who already compete with each other. Competition on bedliners and price quotes on larger coatings jobs can be vicious. So pissed adversaries, guys who want but cannot obtain these same goods are losing jobs to the Spray-Lining operation.

Duplicating Rhino’s Tuff Grip and Hard Line, Line-X’ Standard, Platinum, Body Armor and others was only the first Spray-Lining racket. But the ultimate “Hustle” of Spray-Lining schemes was attracting all competing brand dealers. One jumps ship to us with clientele following. Along with clients of remaining dealers of that same and other brands, i.e. within zones of 400,000 each single Spray-Lining “Pirate” attracts clientele from his/her previous competition. It’s like cheating. There are no minimums, Cost of Goods Sold lowers, equipment is loaned or at cost, financed in-house and support people are in-field professionals, not call center reps. Ethical American competition or con or scam-artists? You can be the judge.

Brand “dealerships” that breach vendor agreement to use our duplicates, do so at their own risk. We’re confident that Rhino and especially Line-X, whom are over three times the size as Spray-Lining™, have checks and balances with legal ramifications. In all cases bedliner ealers whom contact Spray-Lining™ to undercut their polyurea cost have major complaints of their spray-on lining vendor. And most in fact are not Line-X players. All brands unneeded for purposes of this advice, more than a handful of competing vendors really **** off their bedliner dealers! These dealers are body shops or smaller truck, trailer, jeep dealers, truck builders, general repair but more and more are into waterscapes. Koi fish, basic goldfish and general ponds utilize high-quality polyureas with and without specialized sprayed over / trough Geotextile for functional efficiency. On many ponds EPDM is compared with these solutions and weighed against (re)building with cement or fiberglass. Since Gunite and these alternatives are not permanent and costly as are professional polyurea crews, handy home owners or landscapers find Spray-Lining with DIY Pond kits as their solution. DIY’s sold by dealers can’t hurt or cheat our dealers, this expands them.

Spray-Lining’s DIY bedliner, pond, floor coating and custom kits do not compete with Spray-Lining™ Dealers who warrantee this work and charge many times the “DIY kit” price. It’s improbable that these careful, cautious, economical owners would pay any professional for these projects. Although sprayed bedliners are used as a synergetic, “add-on” to a business or a second income for people with full time employment, a growing percentage of dealer inquiries are other professionals with complaints about their spray-on lining suppliers. These are innocent, paying businesses wishing to depend on steady pricing, fast deliveries and technical assistance from their polyurea vendor. Stories range from increased pricing, no answers for product failures and zero sales support to unprofessional reps, scam artists and fraudulent tactics just to sell an extra drum set of polyurea, elastomeric stuff at inflated prices. In most cases we’d quote the same product parts A (isocyanate) & B in smaller quantities. With no minimum.

Generic duplicates aside, we manufacture alternatives, not only to the purest polyurea process but to polyurea hybrids that also contain hazardous materials. Using several smaller suppliers with PPG for raw materials, this was possible since 1992. Even on simple DIY formulas we advise those who have no mechanical or relevant back round to get it done professionally or buy a retail DIY kit such as Herculiner or Raptor or in the case of flooring, a simple Rustolium product or similar stuff from a paint or hardware store. For brand-seekers or folks with zero experience our professional-grade systems are not a good match. For those applying some relevant knowledge we are the best DIY solution. For some vendors, big business DIY’s, as Scorpion Coatings calls, "OEM"? Spray-Lining™ solution is simple: Highest Quality-Lowest Price + real experienced field support... For Dealership seekers, if you are (a) business people (person) ready to apply some old-fashioned effort along with testing (as opposed to buying) serious equipment, then learn how to beat competition (such as the brand names & hard-core coatings crews), we believe we're what you're looking for.

This post was by Ben Dexter takes many years in automotive industry following Kennesaw and Automotive Solutions for my template to solve spray on bedliner and specialty coatings issues. Spray-Lining and Coatings calls these:
1- Dealerships, branded after your name not ours, promoted to beat brands and players with thicker coat, best warranty,
2- Big DIY, meaning large jobs where the customer has ability but needs intelligent support and,
3- DIY, small jobs for people who have relevant experience so don't justify paying an applicator; but need the professional-grade product.

*TO SPRAY-LINING ™ COMPETITORS: Thank You Entirely.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spray In Bedliner Reviews