SuperCrew

Zero 1-Signal Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2000, 01:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Zero 1-Signal Mirrors

Does anyone have the signal mirrors on their new Supercrew?

Are they the Muth version (inside the glass) or is it a new style around the outside?

Do you like them? (the most important ?)

I am thinking of adding this accessory. I have checked out the other posts on earlier model pickups with the signal mirrors inside the glass. Some are having problems with the glass backing coming off; and my boss' expedition: the mirrors have black spots where the lights are. Anyone with a picture to include would be excellent!
Thanks

------------------
White,XLT 4x4,5.4L,K&N Filter,....what's next?

Old 05-29-2000, 01:48 PM
If you look up skyjet's web page, he has alot of great pictures.
They are the mirrors with the indicator on the outside. From the driving position, you can't really see them when activated. I have no complaints with mine.

Old 06-05-2000, 11:30 AM
The driver really does not see them. From what I have seen, they are just for the guy beside you. It just gives him time to blow the horn before you change lanes on top of him. Other than this, I have found no use for them. This may be obvious info to most.

------------------
2001 Super Crew, 4x4 Lariat, Chestnut & Gold, 5.4L, 3.55 rear end, tow package, cab steps, bed extender, captains chairs

[This message has been edited by dpg7314 (edited 06-05-2000).]

Old 06-11-2000, 06:36 PM
SurfinCowboy,

Here ya go...... I think they're great if someone is in your blind spot and you signal to change lanes.
www.over.to/SuperCrew

------------------
2001 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, Bright Red / Silver Frost, Medium Graphite Leather, 2X4, 5.4, Moonroof, 6 CD Changer, 3.55 Limited Slip, Tow package, Bright Red Lund Nose Shield, Line-X bedliner, Bed Extender.

Old 06-11-2000, 08:11 PM
skyjet,

Are those aftermarket or did they come with the truck?

Ive got a 97 and I want to add the turn signal mirrors like you have...not the ones that are inside the mirror itself.

Old 06-12-2000, 02:21 AM
those come with the zero ones. i got an email back from my dealer regarding these mirrors:
about $300(each i am certain)plus tax. he can order them and get them in about two weeks. A bit steep, but these will definetely not cause any problems with the mirror'ed glass/plastic like some of the other older model trucks experience.(fading, burn spots, etc)
.....now do i want to pay that much? :-)~

------------------
White,XLT 4x4,5.4L,K&N Filter,....what's next?

Old 06-12-2000, 09:50 AM
Triton46,

These mirrors come standard on the Lariat models.
www.over.to/SuperCrew

------------------
2001 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, Bright Red / Silver Frost, Medium Graphite Leather, 2X4, 5.4, Moonroof, 6 CD Changer, 3.55 Limited Slip, Tow package, Bright Red Lund Nose Shield, Line-X bedliner, Bed Extender.

Old 06-12-2000, 04:02 PM
franks&beans
Cool

I have seen a few 00' Supercrews on the road w/ these new turn signals in the mirrors. I personally do not like them, they are to small for day use. During the day they are harder to detect then the older style; chevron in the mirrors. I am sure at night they are very noticeable though. The turn signals in the mirrors are larger, brighter and more visable during the day.

F'S&B's

------------------
1998 (50th anniversary series) Solid Pacific Green Metallic F-150 XLT Supercab, 6' bed, 2WD, 4.2L automatic (4R70W), Limited Slip and Tow Pkg., Rear slider

Accessories added:

Performance:
Superchip / 4.10 gears / K&N air filter / Outerwear’s pre-filter / Dynomax Super Turbo muffler

Suspension:
Edelbrock IAS shocks / Hellwig rear sway bar

Other "stuff":
Color keyed outer grill / Stull polished grills / (4) 3A Racing 55 watt driving lights / (2) **** Cepek 150 watt driving lights, all controlled by SPDT switches / Fiberglass hood / Signal mirrors / Driver side grab handle / Husky floor liners / Carr side steps / 3" rear seat lift / Black Max soft Tonneau cover / 3" body lift / Chrome differential cover / Smart Park 2000 / Lighted Ford logo / (2) KC HiLight 55 watt back-up lights / OEM fender flares / Lift lips / BFG AT's 265/75/16 tires / Viper 550 alarm (remote start) / Custom painted OEM air dam, tailgate handle, F-150 emblems, slotted taillight covers, all plastic shields under the hood, and stone guards / 23 tooth speed-O gear.......

Contact me at;
lmaox10@hotmail.com

Old 07-09-2000, 02:41 AM
Cool

just noticed an ad in Motor Trend for Murth
signal mirrors that are not their usual style
(in the glass).they were for spot type convex
mirrors like you would add for blind spot that contained the signal cevron in the middle of the small mirror. they looked like
they might work great, and be cheaper and easier to install than the others. i like the ones in the glass
(esp. the newer ones that can be seen from driver's seat), but there have been some problems with the glass getting discolored and hard to see out of. mine are on the outside which can't be seen from front, but
I was in the back the other night, and you see them there.(standard on lariat).

Old 07-12-2000, 10:16 AM
I did contact Muth about the new convex type and they sent me some info on them....i do like them, but i dont want to mess with the view of the mirrors by adding the convex. My boss has an expy with the signal mirror probs as other describe- she is on her 3rd pair. I talked with the dealership as well- they dont like the new style or the old style, they have been replacing both styles due to problems

[This message has been edited by SurfinCowboy (edited 07-12-2000).]

Quick Reply: Zero 1-Signal Mirrors