SuperCrew

4.6L Supercharger!

Old 09-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok just need to make it 12 years.. Adding a BD11A to my 03crew!

Old 09-10-2012, 05:53 AM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
Good thing no one was discussing that truck or option in this thread, thank you for paying attention
I think the thread reads, "4.6L Superchargers." Because the thread was started 04-12-2000, that means other model with a 4.6 should not be included? What's up with the sarcasm?

Last edited by shortride; 09-10-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by shortride
I think the thread reads, "4.6L Superchargers." Because the thread was started 04-12-2000, that means other model with a 4.6 should not be included? What's up with the sarcasm?
Maybe it is due to the fact that the info you posted is completely irrelevant to this specific topic or maybe it is due to the fact that you necro posted on a 12 year old thread that had been dead for over two years.

And I am fairly certain when the thread came up in your search that it told you that you were about to post on a thread that had not seen activity in two years and you still chose to post.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by Richard D
Maybe it is due to the fact that the info you posted is completely irrelevant to this specific topic or maybe it is due to the fact that you necro posted on a 12 year old thread that had been dead for over two years.

And I am fairly certain when the thread came up in your search that it told you that you were about to post on a thread that had not seen activity in two years and you still chose to post.
I don't normally get into things like this but the specific topic in this thread is, "SuperCrew - 4.6L Supercharger!" I didn't see anything that limited the year model of F150 to any particular model. Nor did I read any limits on how old threads can be before anyone is allowed or not allowed to post. I thought it was about sharing in common interests. Not flaming someone for something so petty.

Last edited by shortride; 09-17-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:42 AM
No harm just next time when you do a search pay attention to the date of the thread so your not posting in a thread that has been dead for years. That's all any of us are trying to say.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:41 AM
I still haven't seen anything that restricts anyone from posting on a 12 year old thread. If anyone thinks it inappropriate for someone to post on an old thread then why not ignore them and not post a reply? I don't think there are any guidelines that say not to post on threads that are a certain age. Especially one that has a viable subject such as superchargers for a 4.6 F150.

Having said all of that, purhaps your right. You guy have a great day.

Last edited by shortride; 09-24-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:00 PM
So, I havent seen any info on a supercharger

I see people talking about it but I haven't seen info on a brand and model. Is it because no one has done this before (install a SC on this particular engine) or is it that none exist with out needing a machine shop to do the numerous modifications to get one to fit.

Obviously I have searched google, my friend searched goodle and I think my dog searched google but none of us has found a kit or data on which model would fit on this engine.

I hear brand names being thrown around but nothing that would say, Here, this model of this brand name will fit (and the inevitable BUT) but you will need to fabricate x, y and z components etc.

So, does one exist? A kit? well if I have the 5.4l I could shake a tree and a dozen will fall out. iff I had the 3 valve engine in a mustange I can shake a tree and another dozen will fall out.

Will the 'stang SC work? I hear 20 "NO's" to one yes.

I guess if I can find a SC that would fit well enough that I would have to make all the support parts to go with it, probably trial and error injectors in order to find the right ones, maybe even the fuel pump.

Why hasn't any one done this yet?

I can find forum support for tubo chargers but I am trying to stay away from them.

So if any one has any suggestions I am completely open to them except being told "you can't" because normally that's a cop out.

Thanks and I hope someone experienced with this usse can point me at least somewhat in the right direction. All I need at the very least is a model.

there are tons of manufacturers out there so just shouting out ROUCHE or WIELAND or what ever is basically useless.
Thanks

Old 09-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Old 09-27-2014, 08:04 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Allen Engineering, procharger, Paxton, Vortech, to name a few that offered superchargers for 4.6 equipped trucks

can a mustang setup work on a truck? with enough re fabbig, money and time anything is possible

Old 06-06-2015, 03:23 PM
m112

i am building a 98 f150 4.2l v6 play truck and was wondering if anyone could help
me out with what i need to get and do also anyone that has built one i would love to here about it anyway im building a 4.6l supercharged ford i herd 3.8l mustang supercharger bolts on to the 4.2l true? apparently the only difference is the stroke

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4.6L Supercharger!