SuperCrew

Whats this truck worth ? '04 lifted FX4

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats this truck worth ? '04 lifted FX4

Hello...I am looking at getting another FX4 and I like the looks of this one but think the owner has priced it a little high...I have beat him down from his asking price but he wont certify it now which has me thinking it needs some work.

Anyway here is the truck and description...What ya think it worth ?

'04 Ford F-150 Crew Cab. This truck is fully loaded with black leather buckets, console shift, all power options with a moonroof! It has a 6" Fabtech lift,dual steering stabilizers,with 2 year warranty, 17"Pro Comp wheels sitting on 35" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's and painted 3 1/2" fender flares! Also comes with a ARE fiberglass tonneau conver,dual stainless cat back MBRP exhaust and stainless running boards! This truck has 105 000km (30000 since lift and tires) and all accesories have been PROFESSIONALLY installed and still have warranty!!!!!Must be sold to someone who appreciates the value of a truck like this!!!

Thanks
Mike

'07 FX4 Crew

Old 02-20-2009, 08:22 PM
65000 miles and 18000 since lift

Old 02-21-2009, 11:21 AM
look it up. kbb, nada, edmunds.

i would tell him- dont count the cost of the mods into your price. you should have kept all the stock parts.. if not, your loss. you are exactly right about it must be sold to someone who appreciates the mods..

because anyone else wont care that you have all that extra cash tied into it, and wont pay a cent more for them if they can get a stock truck for less.

i never act impressed when looking at something someone has sunk huge money into. the best example of this is jeep wranglers. there are soooo many wranglers out there with more cash tied up in mods than the jeep is actually worth. this makes them a great buy for a used car salesman because someone looking for a jeep who doesnt want to pay for all the mods can steal one for regular book value, and resell it a little higher, because a saleman has the convienience of sitting on the car for a while, whereas the origional owner usually only puts a car up for sale because they have already found one they want to buy.

i buy and sell wranglers alot. my last sale- a 97 wrangler i got for $3000, i put 200 bucks into it. 100 for some used 32'' mud tires, and $100 into a 2.25'' lift. i didnt do that because i wanted to make that money back, i did it because i knew anyone buying a jeep would appreciate it.

sold it a month later (day i got the title in the mail) for $6000 cash, and bought my 03 supercrew with that money.

so offer the guy the nada value... probably start by offering him trade in value, since thats why he has it up for sale.. hes pissed because he cant trade it in. he owes too much, and has too much cash sunk into mods. dealer didnt offer him extra. they offered him probably less than trade in.

then offer him the middle point between trade in and private party.

also, find out what his payoff is.

thats probably the deciding factor here anyways.

if he wont certify it, thats fine.. offer to pay for YOUR mechanic to do a full runthrough. i have a guy who looks at my cars for a 12 pack. he prints out a very professional report of---- everything thats currently wrong, the price of the parts to be replaced, the amount of hours to replace it, and the charge per hour. he also includes whatever is due for work based on the maitenance schedule, and if there are no reciepts that the maitenance was done, that gets taken into consideration as well.

****was in the car business before the army, still sell used cars on my own, dad has been in the car business for 20 years.....

Last edited by speepdaedeesi; 02-21-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:26 AM
I would say $14,000. Mods really dont add any value. If you are getting a loan then the bank will only loan you what the truck is worth without the mods. Good luck. It looks like a nice truck.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Speed is right. The guy probably took it to trade in and the dealership probably offered less than trade-in because of the mods. Dealerships assume you are lifting a truck to increase it's offroad capabilities and it has been beat up so they actually devalue the truck because of the mods. They of course turn around and sell the truck for an increased cost because of the mods (so they don't actually pay for the mods, but in turn profit from the mods). Look up the trade in value and start there and see if the owner bites. Do not let the owner try to bump up the price by what he paid in mods, that's his loss. I say this even though I have a lifted truck with almost $15k in mods, but I know if I were to try and sell my truck that I could not recoup that money.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by wxscpo
I have a lifted truck with almost $15k in mods, ...
Wow!

Old 02-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Thanks guys...I am aware that the extras dont add any value however, I am looking for a lifted truck so I dont mind paying a little extra. He was asking 30K Canadian (24k US) but he will take $25can (20k us) It is a nice truck but I think I'll keep lookin.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where are you located at? canada?

Old 02-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Ontario, Canada.....Why ?

Old 02-23-2009, 06:06 AM
Up

because i didn't know and couldn't find where it says your location on profile.

i didn't know if canada or wisconisn or even michigna

Old 02-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by bigbuckmiddaugh
because i didn't know and couldn't find where it says your location on profile.

i didn't know if canada or wisconisn or even michigna
Fixed

Old 02-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Technical Article Contributor

have you asked him to make sure it's an fx4?? the badges look custom...look where the "4" is supposed to be on the "fx4" badge...can't tell what it is, but it doesn't look like a 4 to me.
EDIT: also, he never mentions it being 4wd in the ad...and there's no pic from the front to show if it's 2 or 4wd...might be an important question to ask lol

Old 02-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by buds
Thanks guys...I am aware that the extras dont add any value however, I am looking for a lifted truck so I dont mind paying a little extra. He was asking 30K Canadian (24k US) but he will take $25can (20k us) It is a nice truck but I think I'll keep lookin.
WOW,,,so hes asking 10K more then it's worth? He must want all hes money for mods back!

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...uizConditions=

Phil

Last edited by phil6608; 02-23-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:53 AM
It's a FX4....He had FX6 decals made up

Old 02-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by greencrew
Wow!
Amazingly it really isn't that hard to do.

Quick Reply: Whats this truck worth ? '04 lifted FX4