SuperCrew

Audiophile option

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audiophile option

I have the Audiophile option on my 07 Lariat. Does anyone know specifications of the system? I know it adds a sub, but that is all I know.

Manufacturer, watts, sub power, speaker info??

Old 06-05-2007, 05:04 PM
With the '07 Audiophile, you get a subwoofer and upgraded speakers. It's basically the same as the standard 6 CD-MP3 head unit at 50 watts per channel (peak) with an additional pre-amp output (not RCA) for a 160 watt sub-woofer.

The front doors should have component speakers and the rear doors will have standard 6X8 speakers. They're nothing special, so you may wish to up grade them. The sub-woofer is about the quality of a powered 8 inch Bazooka Tube. Not real deep base, but good enough.

While there is a Ford/Pioneer Audiophile system, the one in your truck is what I would call "generic". Ford doesn't seem to offer F-150's with a name brand audio system like GM & Chrysler (Infinity, Bose, Boston Acoustics).

Old 06-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by worland
With the '07 Audiophile, you get a subwoofer and upgraded speakers. It's basically the same as the standard 6 CD-MP3 head unit at 50 watts per channel (peak) with an additional pre-amp output (not RCA) for a 160 watt sub-woofer.

The front doors should have component speakers and the rear doors will have standard 6X8 speakers. They're nothing special, so you may wish to up grade them. The sub-woofer is about the quality of a powered 8 inch Bazooka Tube. Not real deep base, but good enough.

While there is a Ford/Pioneer Audiophile system, the one in your truck is what I would call "generic". Ford doesn't seem to offer F-150's with a name brand audio system like GM & Chrysler (Infinity, Bose, Boston Acoustics).

I would have to disagree a bit. I have a focus ST with the audiophile, and it is designed and engineered for the focus by sony. The head unit is the same in our trucks as the focus.. with added features. So it is a sony head unit in the focus and our trucks. The speakers, I can't say much about. Except that my son is into the stereo thing. He installs them for people. He has a test CD and a sound wave meter. My focus with the sony tuned system posted a bass sound wave of 116.1. My truck with the audiophile posted a 116.4. He was impressed for a factory system. His system which he says isn't the best by far posted a 123. I am happy with my sound system either way. Course I am an old man who doesn't listen to ****hop or rap. Classic rock and some newer rock booms fine for me.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:34 AM
OEM Audiophile/Nav system in my '07 Harley is made by Pioneer.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by chris1450
I would have to disagree a bit. I have a focus ST with the audiophile, and it is designed and engineered for the focus by sony. The head unit is the same in our trucks as the focus.. with added features. So it is a sony head unit in the focus and our trucks. The speakers, I can't say much about. Except that my son is into the stereo thing. He installs them for people. He has a test CD and a sound wave meter. My focus with the sony tuned system posted a bass sound wave of 116.1. My truck with the audiophile posted a 116.4. He was impressed for a factory system. His system which he says isn't the best by far posted a 123. I am happy with my sound system either way. Course I am an old man who doesn't listen to ****hop or rap. Classic rock and some newer rock booms fine for me.
Your Focus may have a Sony system (it's one of the few Fords to get a Sony system), but most likely your truck is Pioneer.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/28/f...ture-vehicles/

Old 06-06-2007, 02:38 PM
The head unit in a Ford passenger car IS NOT the same as found in the F-150. Most Ford passenger car head units are not 100% compatable with the F-150. The Focus has a Sony Audiophile system. F-150 head units are a product of Delphi.

Ford has offered Pioneer systems in the Explorer, Sport Trac and Ranger. These were marked on the bezel as being Pioneer. The Pioneer systems were 510 watts, quite a bit more than the Delphi units. If the face plate doesn't say Pioneer... it's probably made by Delphi.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by worland
The head unit in a Ford passenger car IS NOT the same as found in the F-150. Most Ford passenger car head units are not 100% compatable with the F-150. The Focus has a Sony Audiophile system. F-150 head units are a product of Delphi.

Ford has offered Pioneer systems in the Explorer, Sport Trac and Ranger. These were marked on the bezel as being Pioneer. The Pioneer systems were 510 watts, quite a bit more than the Delphi units. If the face plate doesn't say Pioneer... it's probably made by Delphi.

My 2005 focus audiophile has the exact head unit of my 2007 F150 minus some features. It is obvious that the head units in both where made by the same manufacturer. It very well could be true that I can't swap between the two..could be a software/electrical issue, but the fact is the head units are made by the same company. The focus says sony on the speaker grills and the brocher for the car said sound by sony. I take that to mean that the head unit was made by sony also. Hence the truck head unit made by sony.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:43 PM
The Audiophile system with subwoofer rivals most OEM premium sound systems imho. My BMW 745 has the highly touted Logic 7 13 speaker system andI like my F150s audio better.

I know in Europe some of the Ford cars actually say SONY on the faceplate.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Ken07Harley
Your Focus may have a Sony system (it's one of the few Fords to get a Sony system), but most likely your truck is Pioneer.

Actually the Audiophile system in the trucks is made by Visteon.

Right from the horse's mouth:

The all-new Ford F-150 is designed and engineered to be "Ford Tough" with the comforts of home. Visteon's contributions can be seen, felt and heard from the instrument panel to the steering and climate systems, and from the Audiophile sound system to the solid chassis that defines the truck's character. Visteon worked with the automaker and managed more than 100 suppliers in the process of designing and engineering various features and functions of this truck.

"We are pleased to have played a key role in the development of the all-new Ford F-150," says Peter J. Pestillo, Visteon's chairman and CEO. "Our unique manufacturing processes and design support capability played an important role in developing the ****pit for the F-150. These capabilities are a key part of our heritage. Working collaboratively with our customers we can apply our expertise and remain focused to help make them successful."

Visteon worked to support Ford engineers as the F-150 moved through development in just 36 months. This rapid development is the result of collaboration and state-of-the-art engineering, testing and design tools. While exterior styling is key to drawing consumers to a vehicle, in the end, the actual purchase decision is often based on how it looks and feels, the features offered and interior functionality. Visteon's overall vehicle knowledge and integration expertise helped deliver interior harmony, style and craftsmanship. The durable instrument panel, manufactured at Visteon's Saline Plant in Saline, Mich., serves as the interface between the electronics, the climate systems and the driver.

In addition to the five different ****pit configurations associated with the different F-150 styles, Visteon's system expertise helped with the development of the steering and climate systems for the truck as well as the audiophile audio system and the engine induction system.
Things are changing however as pointed out by the link from Ken:

Last edited by Norm; 06-13-2007 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by inurok
The Audiophile system with subwoofer rivals most OEM premium sound systems imho. My BMW 745 has the highly touted Logic 7 13 speaker system andI like my F150s audio better.

I know in Europe some of the Ford cars actually say SONY on the faceplate.
I have the Logic 7 in my 525i and I'll have to give a slight nod to it over the Ford Audiophile. The Ford rocks out very well though and I certainly won't replace it, but in my opinion doesn't have the separation and power of the bimmer's.

Quick Reply: Audiophile option