SuperCrew

Sagging Driver Seat in the SuperCrew

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2000, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sagging Driver Seat in the SuperCrew

I have noticed that my drivers seat seems to be listing to the left. If I had to guess, it is probably due to cheap stuffing that has broken down from sliding across the seat while getting in and out. I have a Lariat with Leather Seats. I am going to take the truck to my local re-uphoslterer and see what he can do. While looking under the rear seat to try and install a sub-woofer, it did look like the foam in the seat is rather squishy and not very supportive.

Old 07-01-2000, 11:43 AM
Angry

I agree! I have the 60/40 bench (cloth) and the support on the left side of the seat has never been adequate. It takes a few shifts when I first get in to get comfortable, but I have to admit that once you get it right it's fine. I can go on 3-4 hour drives with no back or rear end PAIN! My leather seats in my Dodge and an Eagle Talon before were plush at first, but very uncomfortable after 2 hours! For that I will put up with the extra work in the beginning!

------------------
2001 Supercrew 4x4 XLT Harvest Gold, 5.4L, Bed Extender, 6 disc CD changer, Limited Slip, Keyless Entry...
MODS: K&N filter, Trenz billet grille, Rhino Bed Liner...
FUTURE MODS: exhaust system (Flowmaster or Gibson?), Centerline autodrags or Hellcats w/ BF Goodrich A/T's...

Old 07-01-2000, 11:59 AM
I am still working on the no pain part. I get some lower back pain due to the uneven support. I have some Recaro seats in my squad car and I can spend 8 hours in those and never get tired or uncomfortable.

Old 07-04-2000, 01:00 AM
Angry

Mine too! My captains chairs sag to the outside. I originally thought I was wearing them out getting in and out without cab steps. But it is still getting softer. I am waiting 'till it is ridiculous enough to demand warranty attention.

Keep this thread going!

Joe

------------------
2001 SuperCrew 4x4 Lariat 5.4/4-spd auto, 3.55 l/s, elec xfer case, skids, cab steps Class III tow, Stock 17"s, Oxford White/Med Graphite leather capts chairs, Rhinolined, SUPERCHIPS equipped
Planned: K&N FIPK (When they get the CARB # for 2001's...or maybe sooner)

Old 07-05-2000, 05:59 PM
jeb
I agree with all you guys, I thought I was just imagining my lean/tilt to the left of my driver's seat (lariat, leather, 60/40). I have had this problem since day 1 (3 months ago). I don't feel like it has gotten any worse, but it is annoying. If enough of us have this problem maybe we can get a fix.

Old 07-06-2000, 08:48 AM
Unhappy

Spoke with my local upholsterer who does our squad car seats when they need repair and he quoted me $90.00 to rebuild the seat area in question. I am going to check with the dealer and see if I can get Ford to pay for it. I suppose $90.00 is cheaper that what I can get a good Recaro for. Anybody seen a Corbeau Seat? Hows the quality?

[This message has been edited by ALWYSL8 (edited 07-09-2000).]

Old 07-06-2000, 10:51 AM
Good, I thought I was the only one....Left side of drivers seat lookes like a pancake!!!
FORD are you listening????

------------------
2000 XLT Silver 5.4L SC 4X4 ORP 157"wb Ford Floormats, Mudguards, lighted emblems, lighted interior door handles(all 4) Chrome Grill (4x2 style), Diamondplate bed caps, Pro-Tech tool box, Air Box mod, Muth Signal Mirrors, Custom Gauge Pod

Old 07-08-2000, 05:44 PM
Unhappy

I've only had mine for 1 month, just returned from a 2000 mile trip, and noticed the left seat sagging, especially driving on winding roads (right turns). 60/40 Bench seats.

Old 07-08-2000, 10:27 PM
Angry

Ihave 8000 miles on mine and was starting to wonder if the seat problem was just my imagination. Right now, the side is about level with the middle but the right side is noticeably higher. Also, does anyone have the little threads sticking up out of the seat covers. Almost like the machine that cuts the little "checks" out of the cloth wasn't sharp enough.

Old 07-10-2000, 08:22 PM
Angry

Well, looked at seat close today and noticed the heavy metal wire frame has worn a HOLE in the seat. HELLO....FORD.....Quality is job which? This truck has 8000 miles on it! I hope the dealer will be good to me on this one......I'll let ya know

------------------
2001 SuperCrew XLT- Bright red over silver, Captains, 5.4, 4x4, skid plates, towing pkg, 17"wheels, posi, Westin CPS tube steps, EXTRA FUEL CONSUMPTION PACKAGE!!

Old 07-12-2000, 09:56 PM
Angry

Ford F150 seats suck! Prior to the new body style I feel that Ford had the best captains chairs of any manufacturer. The new seats are a disgrace. The leather is horrid, the padding breaks down, the armrest is a vinyl covered joke. There is no comfort level! I am stupified that I spent over $30,000 for a truck with the worst seat I have ever sat in. Mabey I should by a Chevy seat and install it (God help me!). Wake up Ford! I am hearing this from everyone. I say we demand satisfaction from Ford!

------------------
2001 SuperCrew 4x4 Lariat. Oxford White (No Stickers, Yuck!)
-Unique Alum. Wheels
-BFG 285 R16 ATs
-Billet Grill
-Stainless Werks Nerf Bars
-KC Driving Lights (in Grill)
-Airaid system
-Husky Mats, front & rear
-Husky Mud Flaps
-GPS (on board)
-Wired for phone (no accidents!)

To Come:
-Snug Cap Lid
-Dual Exhuast, Flowmaster
-Poweraid kit

Old 07-04-2001, 02:41 PM
My seat was packed out pretty good, at 72500kms, and i just got a replacement piece of foam at the Stealer for $50cdn.

I used a small piece cut from the old one to give a bit more height, and have put the seat back together, and it feels better than new.

I never had a problem with the side bolster stuff, except when the trucks on an angle when 4wheeling.

Hope this helps

Bambino

Old 07-04-2001, 03:41 PM
Arrow

Have the same problem with my Expedition driver seat. Going in next week with about 1500 left until the warranty is gone. My SCrew has the Gen III seats which I HOPE will fair better. Only time will tell.

Old 07-04-2001, 06:44 PM
in my gen II s-crew i've noticed that my seat bottom cushion (where my **** is parked) is starting to look rather flat and saggy. the upholstery is also pulling outward such that i can see the inner connecting plain gray coloured upholstery. i haven't noticed my seat sagging to the left or right though (i have the captains chairs). must admit that seat comfort is a hit or miss. sometimes i jump in and it feels just right. other times i saddle up and it takes awhile for me to find that just right position. i'm thinking of trading for an 02 this fall and was wondering if anyone has spent a good amount of seat time and can compare the newer headrest seats with the old non headrest seats like are in my s-crew? thanks.

Old 07-05-2001, 06:50 PM
My seat isn't quite yet sagging on the left side, however it occurred to me before this thread that it might do that from getting in and out of it.

I will have to keep and eye on it. Those claiming warranty please keep us posted...

Quick Reply: Sagging Driver Seat in the SuperCrew