SuperCrew

Owners Manual & Keyless Entry Pad

Old 04-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Owners Manual & Keyless Entry Pad

Hey guys,

Bought an '03 Screw this week. But there was no owners manual and just one key and keypad. I know where to find the numbers for the Keyless entry, but generally how much does a new keypad cost?

Went to the local Ford dealership and they told me it would be $60.00 for a new manual. Is there anywhere online I could download this manual?

thanks

This is me after the 1st fill-up

Old 04-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Search ebay for 2003 f150 owners manual. Got 7 hits around $10.

Old 04-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Check back with the dealer you got it from and see if he'll contact the last owner for the second key and remote.You can also pick up remotes at Auto Zone or Checkers.People are bad about tradeing vels and not turning in the extra key and remote with them.

Old 04-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If you want a print manual, you can go eBay with a used one or direct from Helm:
http://www.helminc.com/helm/welcome_...16U6DJ0HX85C51

If you want a manual, that you can refer to, and only print the sections you need, down load the pdf for your year truck at :
https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp

The code for the keypad, the factory one is on the CSM, look up under the dash to find an off white box, with a 5 digit code on it.

That is the parking brake to the left of my hand, where I am pointing.

This is what you are looking for up under the dash :

You can see the white-ish box ( bad picture so my factory code is not posted on the internet ) . There is the factory 5 digit code on it. Manual section on programming a personal code.

As for the key, you are out of luck, you need either a PATS locksmith, or the dealer to program in the 2nd key. Have them erase all the keys and add in the one you have, and you might as well get 2 while you are at it, just in case you loose one, you can still add in another. NGS transponder programmer is required to add a key when a single programmed key is available.

For remotes, there are several you can get factory RKE fobs from, and there is a section in the manual for adding them in :
This is the one I have used :
http://www.keylessremotesforless.com...es_Remotes.htm
Another ( aside from eBay ):
http://www.keylessride.com/?gclid=CK...FSm9JAodJHFvCA

Good luck

Old 04-17-2006, 12:48 PM

Last edited by MAXXIS2001SCREW; 04-19-2006 at 03:30 AM.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Check with a couple local locksmiths before you go to the dealer to have a key made. I think Maroone Ford (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) charged me around $125 for 1 key, and made me wait over an hour. The key wasn't even a real Ford branded key, just a generic one like off E-Bay.

Once I had two programed (one that came with the truck and the one Maroone ripped me off on) I bought another off E-Bay to program myself so I wouldn't have to go pay through the nose again if I lost a key (If you have two keys, you can program more yourself). When I took the E-Bay key to my locksmith to cut, he asked if I needed it programmed. I didn't, but asked how much he charged. I believe it was $75, including a new key....much better than Ford.

Old 04-18-2006, 07:38 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Download the owner's manual in PDF.

Last time I bought the keys they were $16 buck cut by the dealer, but not programmed. I had the two original keys to program the others. Having only one original key may mean only the dealer can get it, look up your VIN and program it.

Why do you want a new keypad? Once you find the factory code, you can program in your own that may be easier to remember.

Old 04-18-2006, 09:27 AM
how do I program a new code for the keyless entry? I am work so i can't look in the manuel.. The dealer when i bought it said i had to bring it back to them to change the code.. it would be so nice to have my own code to remember..

Old 04-18-2006, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by gweedo
how do I program a new code for the keyless entry? I am work so i can't look in the manuel.. The dealer when i bought it said i had to bring it back to them to change the code.. it would be so nice to have my own code to remember..
Be careful having them do any work for you, unless you bring your own lubricant, and I am not refering only to oil changes.

Owner's Manual Page 107 :
To create your own personal entry code:
1. Enter the factory set code (keypad will illuminate when pressed).
2. Within five seconds press the 1 • 2 on the keypad.
3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Each number must be entered within five seconds of each other.
4. After the code is entered, the locks will cycle, confirming that the new code has been set.
Tips:
• Do not set a code that uses five of the same number.
• Do not use five numbers in sequential order.
• The factory set code will work even if you have set your own personal code.
• If you set a second personal code it will erase your first personal code.
You can always just open the Owners Manual ref in the 4th post in a IE window, or save to your local HD, if work does not frown on this.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:21 PM
thanks SSCULLY.. if work frowned on this i would not be online now surfing the f150 website!!

Old 04-19-2006, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by gweedo
thanks SSCULLY.. if work frowned on this i would not be online now surfing the f150 website!!

Dooohhh !!!

Good point
I did not know if they were all too happy about saving personal docs to the local drive. Some are, some arn't.

Good luck with setting the personal code.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Keyless key pad

I just bought a 2005 F 150 XLT supercrew and didn't get the keypad access code. I have looked under the left hand side and right hand side dash and can't find the module that has the code printed on it. I would appreciate any help in locating this module.

Thanks
Jim

Old 04-27-2006, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by j4brug
I just bought a 2005 F 150 XLT supercrew and didn't get the keypad access code. I have looked under the left hand side and right hand side dash and can't find the module that has the code printed on it. I would appreciate any help in locating this module.

Thanks
Jim
The answer above is for a 2003.

The 04+ SCrew it is behind the rear seat on the VSM / BSM.

You need to remove the rear seat back to see it.
Directions to remove the seat back :

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh....php?p=1999606

Old 04-28-2006, 10:24 PM
keyless lock code

do you have to remove the lower portion of the rear seat to access the brackets that release the back portion. Having a hard time locating the tab that the screwdriver goes through.

Thanks
The pictures were good, but still having problems

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Owners Manual & Keyless Entry Pad