SuperCrew

vibration hope

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vibration hope

Hello everyone.
I am new to the forum but i do have some news for those with vibration problems especially in the wheels. I purchased a 2006 F150 XLT SCREW two weeks ago. The truck came from another dealer because my dealer did not have what I wanted. As soon as I drove it off the lot I noticed a bad vibration and the truck would beat you to death especially on rougher roads.
I drove it for 800 miles and said there is no way I can put up with this I took
my dealer today. They forced road balanced the tires
Well they said there was a problem with the alignment and a wheel.
Ford has come out with a special weight that will balanace a wheel and remove the vibration. The dealer installed this on one wheel that was giving trouble. I was told that the truck vibration was gone when they drove it. I cannot confirm this because they still have the truck. They have the front end tore down right now inspecting it to make sure it is correct. They will align it and I should get it back on Thursday. I will let you know if this fixes the problem. Ford does know they have a problem and are trying to take of it.

Old 03-09-2006, 11:20 AM
I'm interested in your reply. I just got my truck back from the dealer with this explanation: copied from another of my posts.........

I had an interesting interaction with my dealer yesterday. I left my 04 F150 with them for a day and a half to have a shudder addressed.

The problem: When I would encounter rough road, I would look in my drivers side view mirror, down the bedline. I could see the bed shuddering side to side quickly and noticeably. Sometimes, when driving down a smooth road, it seems like it would catch the right harmonics and do the same thing. It shudders so badly, that I can feel it in the cab.

Their solution: It's normal. They tested other trucks on the lot and could replicate the same problem. They went on to say that it was something to do with the baffles inside the bed walls or some bullschit like that.

My question: Does anyone else experience this bed shudder while on rough or bumpy road?

Old 03-09-2006, 01:12 PM
I had nearly the same experience with my 05 SuperCrew which I purchased in late November. I had lots of vibration and at times even steering wheel shake. Back at the Dealership the tires were first road force balanced and when that didn't work the were replaced with exactly the same brand of tires "Generals". Because of some improvement I became convinced it was the tires and went to my local tire store which is affiliated with another Ford dealer. They agreed to take my new replacement tires on trade and I moved up to Michelin. That was in January and truck rides "smooth as silk" if on smooth pavement. Ride may be a little harsh on broken pavement because I prefer to run 38 - 40 psi.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Vibration in Rear

I purchased a 2005 SuperCrew and for about the first 3k miles didn't have a single problem other than the gas cover spring breaking and a grove being cut into my brake roter, all of which was fixed by Ford with no questions asked. However, I do have a problem now that Ford has not been able to fix and that is a bounce in the back end around the 45 mph mark especialy worse when it is under tork. They have replaced the rear tires, dampner and istalled shims in the leaf spring to change the pin angle of the drive shaft. All of which has been unsuccesful. Are there any sugestions of how I can proceed. If I can't get this corrected, I hope I can proceed withthe lemon law.

Old 04-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Wow and I thought I was going crazy

Took my 2006 in for the same problem. At 58-59 miles per hour the bed would go to shaking and bouncing noticeably. They did the whole road force thing, rotated, balanced, and it still shook. They have it now and if they can't fix it I too am going to file on lemon law. What do you guys think about the possibilities of this? This is the third time they have tried to fix it with zero success. It is almost as though if it ever starts bouncing it can not correct itself if that makes any since. It may go a mile or two before starting but when it does wow. Shakes the whole truck.

Thanks
Casey

Old 04-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Due to excessive vibration, my '04 Screw had to have all four wheels and all four tires, and drive shaft, replaced before I would take possession.

Now vibration is back, 30,000 miles later. Trie rotation and re-balance helped some, but it's still there at 60-65 mph.

I just avoid that speed .

CW

Quick Reply: vibration hope