SuperCrew

Plows for a supercrew

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plows for a supercrew

Does anyone have a plow on or know of someone who has a plow on a supercrew I have a friend who has a supercrew and is sick of shoveling and wants to add a plow to it and ideas or advice you could give me to tell him would be greatfully appreciated ( this is for his home use only )

Old 12-09-2003, 11:04 AM
Plow on

If he is going to use the plow for minor residential or business use, he should be okay, but I was advised not to use a snowplow on my crew.

Old 12-09-2003, 11:09 AM
Ford says NO but I am thinking about one of those light duty non hydraulic units myself. Agri-cover makes one.

Here is the link:

http://www.mysnowsport.com/

Old 12-09-2003, 07:43 PM
Hey all,

I have one of the SnowSport Utility plows on my F150 SuperCrew and I love it. Last winter, the wife and I spent 3 days shovelling 22 inches of snow from our driveway which is about 50 yards long..... I said.. SCREW THIS! and found the http://www.mysnowsport.com website and researched their product. I ordered it from realtruck.com. It was either an 800$ snow blower, or a 1200$ plow...so.. I bought the snowsport plow. It attaches to the truck via a REESE hitch mounted to the FRONT of your truck.. it is the same thing you have on the back of your truck if you have the tow package. It just snowed about 5-6 inches here in VA last Friday and I got to use the plow for the first time...it took less than 10 minutes to put on the truck... and worked like a charm. You do have to make sure you don't let the snow get a chance to melt any..because the plow blade weighs 110lbs and is the ONLY weight forcing the blade down into the snow.. if the snow melts a little, moisture builds on the top inch or so above the ground and the blade just rides over the top of it... All in all though.. it's a great product...and this year you can NOW get an attachment that lets you ANGLE the plow blade rather than just pushing it forward.

Hope this Helps!

SOHC
02 F150 SUperCrew
99 Mustang GT.. supercharged
89 LX 5.0 Vert
04 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon

Old 12-10-2003, 08:30 AM
I have a SuperCab instead of a SuperCrew, but thought I would chime in here anyway. I have a Snowbear snowplow for my truck. It is a light duty plow that attaches via a bracket you put on in place of the tow hooks. The plow uses an electrical winch to raise and lower, and it also has a manual angle adjustment. I bought mine 2 years ago at BJ's Warehouse club for $999.00

I use it for my 1,000' long driveway.

Here is a link to their website, http://www.snowbear.com/

Old 12-10-2003, 10:59 AM
I noticed that Ford would not sell the snow plow package with the Supercrew. Does anyone know why?

Old 12-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Ford not sell

The reason I was given when I purchased my SCrew was that the frame and suspension components aren't rated for that kind of heavy duty work and attempting to do so could void any warranty you have.

Old 12-24-2003, 10:45 PM
For what they charge for the various plows you could buy a really nice snow blower, and a small electric blower for the deck. This would save wear and tear on your truck, and avoid the "Jersey Walls" made of snow and ice. Since you have such a long drive do you have the yard and lawn tractor to go with it? If so, they make plows and blowers to go on them. Agri-Fab makes the snow attachments.

Old 12-28-2003, 11:19 AM
Thumbs up

I installed a western light duty plow on the front of my truck and also installed timbren load helpers on the front for the additional weight as i only plow my 100' drive with no problems for 2 winters now. I only install the plow when i need it to aviod the wear on the truck, living outside of Buffalo.N.Y. i would not think the light duty plows forementioned would handle the amounts of snow we get here

Old 12-31-2003, 07:52 PM
ET
LIke JCTRUCK, I live in upstate NY and have a plow on my 01' crew. Fisher makes a light duty plow called the "homesteader" . Also, they make a light duty regular size plow for the supercrew. Western also makes a light duty plow. SO, there are many options. \

ET
2001 F150 4x4 Supercrew

Old 01-25-2016, 09:49 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by sohcv8gt
Hey all,

I have one of the SnowSport Utility plows on my F150 SuperCrew and I love it. Last winter, the wife and I spent 3 days shovelling 22 inches of snow from our driveway which is about 50 yards long..... I said.. SCREW THIS! and found the http://www.mysnowsport.com website and researched their product. I ordered it from realtruck.com. It was either an 800$ snow blower, or a 1200$ plow...so.. I bought the snowsport plow. It attaches to the truck via a REESE hitch mounted to the FRONT of your truck.. it is the same thing you have on the back of your truck if you have the tow package. It just snowed about 5-6 inches here in VA last Friday and I got to use the plow for the first time...it took less than 10 minutes to put on the truck... and worked like a charm. You do have to make sure you don't let the snow get a chance to melt any..because the plow blade weighs 110lbs and is the ONLY weight forcing the blade down into the snow.. if the snow melts a little, moisture builds on the top inch or so above the ground and the blade just rides over the top of it... All in all though.. it's a great product...and this year you can NOW get an attachment that lets you ANGLE the plow blade rather than just pushing it forward.

Hope this Helps!

SOHC
02 F150 SUperCrew
99 Mustang GT.. supercharged
89 LX 5.0 Vert
04 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon

Thanks for choosing our plow! (I realize this is from a while ago, but bear with me, please).

If anyone has any questions about our plow, please hit me up.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:09 PM
Only a little more than 12 years after the post. Not bad. LOL

I have plowed with my UTV and it has held up well. I'd think there would be no issue using a 1/2 ton truck. I m getting old and soft, so thinking of adding a plow to my truck as well, it's nice to have heat while you're plowing.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:32 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by wheelerfreak
Only a little more than 12 years after the post. Not bad. LOL

I have plowed with my UTV and it has held up well. I'd think there would be no issue using a 1/2 ton truck. I m getting old and soft, so thinking of adding a plow to my truck as well, it's nice to have heat while you're plowing.
It's better to be late than never, I suppose, even though this thread was made while I was in high school.

I didn't really think anyone was waiting for me to jump in, but a lot of times people find these threads via search engine and I want to help them if they have questions. Please let me know if I can help you.

Quick Reply: Plows for a supercrew