SuperCrew

Rear Factory Power Window

Old 08-26-2003, 02:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Rear Factory Power Window

Took my Screw to the dealership. The moulding on the side of the middle sliding window came loose while I was closing my window. It turns out that the y have had a problem with these windows. I was told today they were going to put in a whole new window.

Old 08-26-2003, 05:22 AM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
I don't have the power rear slider, wonder if the molding problem will be the same?

Old 08-26-2003, 09:34 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a power slider and installed it myself...

For the life of me, I can't picture what you're talking about when you mention moldings...

Are you referring to the interior components like side plastic trim pieces inside the cab?

Have any pictures? I'd like to see what yours looks like....

All of the Ford power sliders are made by a company named CR Laurence... it'd be interesting to see if any other folks are having similar problems... This is the first instance where anyone has complained about the slider (with the exception of leaking) that I can recall.

RP

Old 08-26-2003, 10:01 AM
RP - I *think* he's referring to the vertical molding on each side of the center glass section..... ???

Old 08-26-2003, 10:37 AM

Yes the outside weather strip. I kept pushing the rubber back in , but it just kept popping out as I slid the window. My Screw is a 2002. He said they had a problem with these windows, so just an

Old 08-26-2003, 12:54 PM
I've had alot of dealings with those sliders and haven't seen that either. CR Laurence is a great company and hopefully they are aware and have dealt with that issue. Thanks for the fordman4life.

Old 08-26-2003, 01:00 PM
Moderator &

Ahh, I see what you're saying.

Did the stealership tell you that they'd seen numerous power sliders that had done that? Seems odd... I've NEVER seen that on the boards... and I frequent about 4 f150 boards. I could've missed it but, just seems pretty isolated... I sure hope it is...

So, is the stealership going to replace it?

RP

Old 08-26-2003, 02:11 PM
Took my truck in on Fri. last week at 8:30 AM. Did not get a call all day. Stopped by there on my way to work and was told my service rep was at lunch. So another rep. looked up my truck. Lo and Behold he said that they got real busy and they would not get to it til Monday. I did not want to leave it there so I brought it home. They told me to bring it back on Monday. I took it in this Monday at 8: 30 AM. I t turns out that they have a glass comp. put them in. Well I called at 11 AM it wasn't done. The glass comp. wasn't there yet. Its now 2:00 PM and haven't heard anything yet.

Old 08-26-2003, 08:26 PM
Talking

I work at a dealer, have had 2 Ford trucks with the electric slider, have still yet to have a problem. I check SSM's and TSB's daily, never read about any problems with them either!

Old 08-27-2003, 07:18 AM
Well here is what I found out. After having my truck for 2 days, they ordered the manual window. So now power window will be in Thursday. I talked to my Service Rep., he said that 2 years ago they had problems with the weatherstrip. They replaced alot of windows. He told me that they remodified the window 3 times. I have a window that was a second modify. He said that there are a few with bad windows out there.

Old 08-27-2003, 10:51 AM
Moderator &

Weird...

I know I've heard of NUMEROUS trucks with leaks around the rear seals (like up around the molding and such where the pinch weld is) but, never with a power slider specifically.

I'm glad they're taking care of you on the issue... it's definately a pain in the butt but, at least they're handling it.

Let us know how it turns out.

RP

Old 09-23-2003, 01:39 AM
Well after 3 weeks, dealer had my new rear power window installed.I haven't had a chance to reply, was on a honeymoon in New Orleans.

Old 09-23-2003, 07:31 AM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by fordman4life
Well after 3 weeks, dealer had my new rear power window installed.I haven't had a chance to reply, was on a honeymoon in New Orleans.
Glad to see you got the window replaced. Mine is not a power slider, but the weatherstripping is popping out everytime the window is opened and closed, I am calling them today to see if I can make an appointment to get it fixed.

Hey, who was nice enough to invite you to go on their honeymoon with them?

Congratulations, you think upkeep on the truck has you busy, wait till you try a wife.

Last edited by serotta; 09-23-2003 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:36 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by serotta
Congratulations, you think upkeep on the truck has you busy, wait till you try a wife.
I'll echo the congrats.... but just wait for the new wife and a new house... your truck will go down hill rapidly.

Old 09-23-2003, 10:29 AM
Serotta, That is the same problem I had. They said they had problems with these windows. They should have no problem under warranty. If you have a problem getting it fixed, I can give you my service reps no..
Yep time for a bigger house, I'm glad I bought my truck before I got married, LOL....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear Factory Power Window