SuperCrew

Bad Leaf Springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Leaf Springs

Well what can I say, I offroad quite a bit and abuse my truck more than I should. In doing so I have worn out something in the leaf spring area, I don't know if it is the springs themselves or the bushings???

If I hose everything down with WD40 or silicone spray it will not squeak for about 1-2 days. After that its back to a horibly anoying squeak that drives me nuts unless my windows are up.

My question to all of you is has anyone had their springs go bad or the bushings? If so did you replace with stock parts or aftermarket? And are there better alternatives to the stock leaf springs such as ones that will last longer.

Another item I wanted to mention was I saw a SuperCrew a little while back that had torsin bars in the back! What kind of setup is that? Does it replace the leaf springs? Is it a part of a lift?

Anyways any info would be appriciated.

Thank

Old 07-22-2003, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

They probably werent torsion bars but ladder bars. They are usually used on lifted vehicles to help reduce or eliminate axle wrap. I have Fabritech ladder bars on my truck and cured all of my rear axle wrap problems. ---Paul

Quick Reply: Bad Leaf Springs