Whipple 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by azmidget91
I'm confused, are we arguing?
Hahahah I was just screwin around 😃😃😃, you'll like it when it's back in your hands just don't beat on it cause that's 2/3s over stock hp with stock internals

Old 03-24-2015, 07:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
5.0 >> 6.2 anyways

Old 03-24-2015, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by 6.2Canadian
Hahahah I was just screwin around 😃😃😃, you'll like it when it's back in your hands just don't beat on it cause that's 2/3s over stock hp with stock internals
LOL what? Hmm pretty sure Twin and I are about over twice the stock rwhp yet have had no issues? 5.0s can take more power (600-700RWHP) then what he has in it. Quite a few mustangs pulling that. Beat the hell out of it, it will stay together.

Also you guys are nuts, 12k for a blower LOL WTF? Jesus that's stupid money. 7500 is still way to much, and possibly will go down to around 5k which is far more reasonable in my opinion.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:01 PM
I'm pushing 300rwhp over stock on my 5.4. Roughly 135% increase over stock. Beat it everytime I drive it.

The 5.0's in the trucks seem to be holding up with 13psi or around 540-560rwhp. Tough motors for sure.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by IR0NS1N
LOL what? Hmm pretty sure Twin and I are about over twice the stock rwhp yet have had no issues? 5.0s can take more power (600-700RWHP) then what he has in it. Quite a few mustangs pulling that. Beat the hell out of it, it will stay together.

Also you guys are nuts, 12k for a blower LOL WTF? Jesus that's stupid money. 7500 is still way to much, and possibly will go down to around 5k which is far more reasonable in my opinion.
Ya but I live in Canada so I don't get the free shipping and I pay duty and provincial taxes.... but hey when I crash the truck I get free medical : ) And I agree wth the 5.0 being a tough engine but I have seen with my own eyes a few blown engines, throwing rods and such. All new ford engines are good I think anyway.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by twinskrewd
I'm pushing 300rwhp over stock on my 5.4. Roughly 135% increase over stock. Beat it everytime I drive it.

The 5.0's in the trucks seem to be holding up with 13psi or around 540-560rwhp. Tough motors for sure.
No offence but the 5.4 was an embarrassment to ford.... I had a few and always had problems. Stock I got **** kicked by even a 4.8L Chevy ... I have seen your YouTube videos though and she pulls hard for sure

Old 03-25-2015, 09:49 AM

Trust me, I was heart broken when I saw the price, it is not cheap.

No offence but the 5.4 was an embarrassment to ford.... I had a few and always had problems. Stock I got **** kicked by even a 4.8L Chevy ... I have seen your YouTube videos though and she pulls hard for sure
Never had a problem with my 5.4's, 213,000miles on a 3v that would beat most NA trucks

Old 03-25-2015, 11:30 AM
Trust me, I was heart broken when I saw the price, it is not cheap.

Never had a problem with my 5.4's, 213,000miles on a 3v that would beat most NA trucks
I had cam phaser problems cracked manifold problems broken spark plug problems.. but hey I kept buying them ...

Old 05-01-2015, 03:33 PM
You ever get your truck back from Whipple?

Old 05-01-2015, 09:20 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I heard he traded the truck in on a new EB

Old 05-09-2015, 12:18 AM
Just booked my flight, been a bit of a delay. I should have an update next week.

Don't worry, as long as they offer a V8 I won't buy an ecoboost.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by Patman
I heard he traded the truck in on a new EB
Oh that's cold lol. Good one Pat.

Just booked my flight, been a bit of a delay. I should have an update next week.

Don't worry, as long as they offer a V8 I won't buy an ecoboost.
Great! Any new numbers or details? You've got to be excited.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Not really anything new still 521/456

Whipple Superchargers Adds over 210 Horsepower for the 2011-2015 Ford F150 5.0L Engines
Who wouldn’t want a little extra power to get just that last little bit of attention when hitting the streets in a 2011-2015 Ford Truck/SUV? With over 210 additional ponies at the touch of the pedal, the all-new Whipple Supercharger kit is the most well engineered, most powerful SC system available today. Enhance the tire smoldering performance on any 5.0L Coyote based truck/SUV by as much as a 60% increase in base power and massive low end torque throughout the entire engine RPM range.
The Whipple W175ax (a whopping 2.9 liters) twin-screw supercharger system reaches 99% volumetric efficiency and industry leading power potential features such as Whipple’s massive oversized air-to-water intercooler for unmatched cooling capacity. The unique intercooled bypass system offers better acceleration and less than 1hp of consumption during cruising for excellent fuel economy. The system also includes high-flow fuel injectors, billet fuel rails, 132mm elliptical air inlet, aluminum high flow intake manifold, oversized cold air intake, massive intercooler core, over 3 gallon of intercooler reservoir and a industry leading performance calibration for proper engine and transmission function. While others claim, Whipple Superchargers simply deliver more power per pound of boost than any other supercharger on the market today. At the touch of the throttle, experience instantaneous boost and heart stopping acceleration.
Since 1987, Whipple Superchargers have been the pioneers and leaders of twin-screw supercharging. Whipple was the first to bring positive displacement technology to fuel injected, emissions legal street applications. With over 26 years of twin-screw supercharging experience, Whipple’s team have now engineered the most powerful intercooled twin-screw SC system available today for your Ford 5.0L. With all the latest technology, the all new Whipple system makes more power than any other positive displacement supercharger system on the market giving you tire frying, neck whipping power that will give you a grin from ear to ear. The new Whipple system is 100% complete and is designed for stock engines but has enough capability to work with heavily modified engines.
Whipple Superchargers exclusive features:
No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box
Front entry W175ax (2.9 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 1.9L and 2.3L roots-type systems
2.9L 26% larger than 2.3L roots-type
Front feed supercharger utilizes precision ground helical cut gears vs a problematic belt
Oversized Crusher™ inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitation
Front feed allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available, nothing comes close
Massive oversized aluminum intercooler reservoir (over 3 gallons) holds more than double any competitors IC water system allowing longer more consistent power
Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy
Self-contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps in even the most demanding conditions
Exclusive 3x5 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4x6 rotor combo or 4x4 roots
Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge
W175ax SC bottom is open for increased plenum volume and better over-intercooler air distribution giving more intercooler effectiveness
Extra plenum volume below intercooler core for far less pressure drop
Discharge down design allows for less pressure loss which gives more power at lower boost levels
Top mount design allows for cooler operation then upside down SC's that conduct heat from engine and are trapped by runners and covers, causing hotter manifold temps and less power per pound of boost
More boost at the "hit" than any other twin-screw
Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
Oversized heat exchanger for incredible intercooler water temps
Fits under factory hood with no modifications
No internal modifications required
Completed installation looks factory installed, not some cobbled together kit with multiple billet adapters
Kits come complete with all necessary parts and hardware for installation
Unique oil level sight glass for easy oil level and quality check, no dipstick to bind or misread
Plug and play wiring with male and female connections
Proven 6-rib belt system with heavy duty spring loaded tensioner and adjustable idler system
Optional 10-rib belt system with matching billet pulleys
Stainless steel tapered jack-shaft with unique plastic cover (or optional carbon fiber) for increased safety
OEM quick connect fittings for easy installation, no ugly brass or steel fittings on the SC
Complete kits and Tuner kits are available
Available in wrinkle black, polish, Ford textured blue or any custom color
Easily upgradeable with big cold air intakes and bigger throttle bodies (98mm round or 140mm elliptical)
Instant boost at the touch of the throttle
3 minute pulley changes
Lightweight pocketed SC pulley
Optional 3-year 36,000 mile powertrain warranty

Dyno results of a 2013 F150 5.0L. Stock vs Whipple SC (stock TB) and optional 132mm eliptical TB (91-octane)

Old 05-09-2015, 02:09 PM
Still badass, takes a lot more then 10psi for us 3valvers

Old 05-10-2015, 01:45 PM
Still badass, takes a lot more then 10psi for us 3valvers
Actually if you look at the HP numbers around 5300-5500rpm which is where the stock 3v has to stop on the dyno the 2 engines are damn close. 3v makes a little better torque. If only the stock 3v rods could handle the high rpms.

Quick Reply: Whipple 5.0