Fore Fuel Hat

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 11:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fore Fuel Hat

I plan on buying a Fore Fuel Hat this week but can only buy the hat not the whole Troyer kit. I've been emailing troyer trying to find out more like if anything else comes with the hat. Any suggestions? Would I be able to pick up the the wiring, breakers, relays etc. from Fore if troyer cant sell these parts to me? Let me know what you guys think

Old 11-23-2014, 11:32 PM
Gonna need two 'Ford GT Improved' fuel pumps from Fore.

Your gonna need another FPDM to run the extra pump.

Google search F150 Saleen Fore fuel hat or something like that. Should find a post with a wiring diagram.

One thing is for sure 'Its a beautiful piece'

Old 11-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by Kaisdaddy
I plan on buying a Fore Fuel Hat this week but can only buy the hat not the whole Troyer kit. I've been emailing troyer trying to find out more like if anything else comes with the hat. Any suggestions? Would I be able to pick up the the wiring, breakers, relays etc. from Fore if troyer cant sell these parts to me? Let me know what you guys think
Where are you getting the hat from?

Old 11-24-2014, 12:42 PM
I am getting the hat through Troyer "hopefully". Anita and I have been emailing each other. I wanted to buy the kit but they only have hats left so I want to buy the hat because that seems like the only option other than buying a whole new fuel system. Also in another thread it was mentioned that aeromotive came out with a new hat for our trucks but when I emailed them they said the new Fuel hat they came out with does not fit our trucks.

Ross; Do you have the part numbers for the pumps you bought? I just read your build thread yesterday awesome work. Cant wait to go built also. Aiming for this upcoming summer

Old 11-25-2014, 10:22 AM
I sure hope you can get the hat! That's a big problem solved.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:18 PM
I am getting the hat through Troyer "hopefully". Anita and I have been emailing each other.
How were you able to reach Troyer? I tried both numbers (7123 + 7126) and they both seem to be disconnected, so they either didn't pay for their phone bills or are out of business?

http://www.troyerperformance.com/Scripts/contactUs.asp

Old 11-25-2014, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by widj
How were you able to reach Troyer? I tried both numbers (7123 + 7126) and they both seem to be disconnected, so they either didn't pay for their phone bills or are out of business?

http://www.troyerperformance.com/Scripts/contactUs.asp
I emailed them about the Fuel hat. Apparently there moving shop locations and are very busy with that. I've been emailing Anita Troyer. I just went to the website and sent her an email about the hat to see if they had any left. If you want me to have her contact you about the hat instead of going through the website PM me or post your email address here. I'll keep everyone on the thread posted with what happens

Old 11-25-2014, 11:07 PM
yes I want one fore fuel hat, how much is it?
2006 F150 5.4 3V

Old 11-26-2014, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by widj
yes I want one fore fuel hat, how much is it?
2006 F150 5.4 3V
I haven't found that out yet but I should know by the next email and once I find out I'll PM you. What do you guys suggest for wiring. I found this kit, Ill obviously have to order 2 one for each pump but what do you guys think? If you know of any other wiring kits it would be much appreciated to let me know. Thanks,

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-16301/overview/

Old 11-26-2014, 01:19 AM
Don't expect anything less than 600 greenbacks for that hat.

FORE PUMP Part # F10000302

GOOGLE

Nobody ever said that 'Truck-Rodding' was cheap.

Buying the hat & parts individually worked out cheaper than the kit for me.

Last edited by Ross-FX4; 11-26-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Ross-FX4
Don't expect anything less than 600 greenbacks for that hat.

FORE PUMP Part # F10000302

GOOGLE

Nobody ever said that 'Truck-Rodding' was cheap.

Buying the hat & parts individually worked out cheaper than the kit for me.
Yea 'Truck-Rodding' isnt cheap at all lol I hate when my friends ask...why do you waste so much money on your truck and I'm over here But at the end of the day its so worth the cost

Old 03-02-2015, 09:49 PM
I called Justin at fore, he told me they will release an external fuel pump that will reuse the existing fuel pump

the kit will also reuse the existing fuel lines, should be ready mid april

aeromotive will not work because our tanks are plastic and it will require drilling for the aeromotive pump

long story short, if you don't want to use a BAP and need more fuel then you will need the fore hat kit $1500 + 8 hours labour

Old 03-15-2015, 01:13 PM
Reuse what? The stock pump? and if thats the only other option around I guess I'll have to order this. Kind of funny you brought this up because my fuel pump just took a crap the other day but it just gave me an excuse to starting taking the motor out and get it built. Should be ordering the whipple kit within the next 2 weeks. Ill probably post a build thread once the motor and everything is out. Pics coming soon

Old 03-15-2015, 01:20 PM
Reuse what? The stock pump? and if thats the only other option around I guess I'll have to order this. Kind of funny you brought this up because my fuel pump just took a crap the other day but it just gave me an excuse to starting taking the motor out and get it built. Should be ordering the whipple kit within the next 2 weeks. Ill probably post a build thread once the motor and everything is out. Pics coming soon
I don't know if it's doable to swap a 5.0 instead of the 5.4, if you could do this built you'd get a lot more aftermarket parts and more power.

I didn't research this when I got my 5.4 built, maybe I should have

Old 03-19-2015, 09:54 AM
5.0 would be a nightmare. Tuning and wiring would be outrageous. The end result would be 1000 hours getting it all just to work together. Rafa had a hell of a time with a 5.4 dohc in his truck. I dunno if it ever ran right either.

Quick Reply: Fore Fuel Hat