Procharged 2012 5.0 FX2 pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Procharged 2012 5.0 FX2 pics

Thought I'd share some of the latest pics... Can honestly say that this is by far one of my most enjoyable builds to date. Truck makes great power, handles well, and trying to make the truck suttle but with a little attitude ")

custom gauge pod I had made

[img]
Shelby heat extractor fiberglassed to fit hood perfectly

hydrodipping by WD graphics

Old 04-22-2014, 03:34 PM
Tech Article Contributor

Thankyou so much for the compliments, greatly appreciated ! My truck was by Procharger to install and for testing.... I have not had truck retuned and dyno'd for long tubes and Boss intake etc... they tuned it conservativally and extra safe with only 91 octane. With zero timing added, stock intake and stock manifolds and boost measuring 7lbs it made 488 rwhp on first pull. The boss intake improved substantially by seat of pants and tripping the factory traction control lol.. best advice to give when installing boss intake is not to cut coolant line which needs to be lengthened roughly 4"....Ecoboost trucks have adaptors on the firewall from the factory that extends lines . Simply snap one into place with no tools required, no cheap hose clamps, miss matched hoses and looks factory for a much cleaner install ")

Old 04-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Tech Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Crash!
488 HP. 0 timing advance. And only 7 PSI! I love it... You have room to PLAY!
I'm very impressed with this kit and quality of brackets, hardware, and couldn't be happier. There's no doubt this set up will easily tap 500-520 rwhp on 93 octane and more aggressive tuning. Procharger was very conservative on tuning to offer these kits with room to be compensated from fuel quality, doing their best to eliminate pinging which some people do not realize how destructive that may be out what it even sounds like.

I've owned and raced many trucks with many different directions in mods. My last truck was a built Harley with jlp built motor, heads, cams, Kenne bell, power flow plenum, nitrous etc... the torque from the tvs and twin screws are impressive but for me I was ready for a centrifugal set up for a dailey driver . The truck is so well mannered and wouldn't hesitate to allow my fiance' drive it. It's not how much power the truck makes but how much you can put to the ground. The power curve is not like the twin screws. The power made from this kit is so smooth ! In my opinion it helps planting the power especially on street tires where I got used to lifting and peddling with my Kenne Bell and 22" tires. This set up will put a smile on anyone's face except for the guy who underestimated what a truck can do ")

Last edited by go-on3; 04-22-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a cool truck man. Should be lots of fun mid to top end. Are you going to run it in the 1/4 mile? Just to get a base number? I would guess it could be high 11.xx or there about?

Old 04-22-2014, 11:31 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
sweet truck! thanks for posting

Old 04-23-2014, 06:01 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
The more I have read about these, I think I will eventually look for a procharger or centrifugal in general. I like the truck around town but I want more under throttle. Off the line is fine for what I do.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:12 AM
My 5.0 single cab put down 306 rwhp @5500rpm on mustang dyno Jst so you guys know in parasitic loss was 54 horsepower from the posted 360 chp, I will be going to get some dyno runs this weekend with my boss 302 intake manifold, afe 3 inch cai, stainless works long tubes and catless dual in/dual out x'ed stainless works muffler with turndowns, and 5 star race tuneI'm hoping for 330-350 horse from these mods, wish me luck guys, and I hope to have a pro charger in the near future and add mustang cams, a circle d converter, and also a Yukon dura grip with 4:10 gears (as I have a 3:31 open diff now), with current mods I ran a 13.8@100 mph and 2.2 60ft times with Hoosier 28x10/17 slicks, so gears are a must to improve my 60ft times and get into mid to low 13s before I got supercharged and cams

Quick Reply: Procharged 2012 5.0 FX2 pics