roushcharger with stage 3 cams

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Crash!
I love this ^!

Twinscrewd- Thank you for the information. Very informative. And comprehensive, considering the trans mods too. You are an asset to this site.

Please understand where others say 12.6:1 is lean and the "limit" for a blown engine, I would not want to push it over 11.8:1. I have come to find a lot of tuners target this ratio. But if you are making good power at 11.2, that is great because it IS going to be safer. Run it richer and push more timing. And you have proven this works!
Thanks Crash.
I agree. 12.6:1 would be lean hp maker but on a stock motor with boost it would it would be toast. I understand your thoughts 11:8.1. I don't disagree with it. I just wouldn't run it daily on the street with varying loads on the motor and fuel quality. At the track with some weight off and Torco I would. Here's why i say this:

My PCM holds timing to 15 degrees with the truck in race form and 11 degrees in street form on 93oct with an 11.2:1 A/F crossing the traps. With Torco added raising the octane from 93 to 100 she will add timing up to 18 degrees crossing the traps. All with IAT's peaking at 116F.

Imagine a leaner a/f while running 93Oct that could have more then 10% ethanol or with less then advertised Octane. She couldn't pull enough timing quick enough to prevent a broken rod. Thats the main reason I push 11.2:1 A/f. The explosive torque is just icing on the cake

Quick Reply: roushcharger with stage 3 cams