Supercharging a 4.9 I6

Old 06-29-2004, 03:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercharging a 4.9 I6

Does anyone make a supercharger kit for a 4.9 I6? I recently inherited a 1996 2wd F-150. It's a great truck but definately lacking in the power department. I was thinking of possibly going the supercharger route rather than doing a V-8 swap.

Old 07-14-2004, 03:04 AM
REMOTE turbo setup? what is this i checked your site and couldnt find any info on this. so it mounts to exhaust at muffler inlet then runs an intake pipe all the way up front? this sounds like a good sleeper setup not being able to see the turbo under the hood. and it gets enough exhaust pressure back there to provide good boost? is there alot more lag then conventional turbo setups?

i have a 4.2 and info on a kit for that would be great. pics would be sweet too.

Old 07-15-2004, 02:17 AM
that has to be the neatest setup i have seen in awhile. this seems so simple has it been tried before and failed or never caught on? cant wait to learn more about this remote system.

now i dont know ahole lot about power adders and acouple things have always been bugging me.

how do you get around vacumm brake boosters and climate controls? and i noticed those kits had some kind of pcv valve mod.

and does this effect the way the egr works?

thanks for the link crash and please keep us posted.

Old 07-17-2004, 02:50 AM
That looks like a good idea for me when Im towing or out having fun but the problem I see is that its making most of its boost at speeds higher than I like to take my engine. Im also running the 4.9 and my typical rpm range is from 1100 to 2000. The only times my engine sees anything over 2000 is if im on the highway trying to speed up to get on or if im going really fast on the highway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Supercharging a 4.9 I6