04-12 F150 Belltech Lowering Kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Leonardo Agueci
Ok sorry, it's 2007 and not 2997. This dark where I am writing.
What is your number 1 goal with your suspension? In some cases the coilover it overkill. But it varies on what your goal is.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Ok, what I want is a more stable truck, which is handled better in curves and straights and much better than the OEM, you feel the difference, ON ROAD road always remember is FX4, I have Bilstein HD front and rear, see in forums that you have more respect is Kit 2/4 Belltech shocks with Eibach Spring Street with Eibach Shock. Currently I have 315/70R17 tires and, for reasons of the area where I live 285/70R17, the 275/55R20 are 32 "and 285 are 32.7", ie 3/4 "should not present additional problems. No find anyone with kit KW Variant V3 coilovers, not sure if you need that expense to travel on the road and have a better command of my truck, so traveling at 200 KPH, there is my question. Nor is whether installing a KW coilovers V2 is much better than the Street Kit Belltech or Eibach. Here is where my question and request that help to define to do. avail to ask why install a DROP SPINDLE and if I can do the struts too. Advantages and disadvantages . Thanks.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Former Sponsor
First I would add a Belltech rear sway bar. That will help with the handling a bit. The KW coilover is the better option however it can be a bit overkill. You will find better performance in the Belltech Lowering Strut over coil springs.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:18 PM
I have a rear sway bar, but all are people using kit Belltech, Eibach, etc, only what they accomplish is your truck lowered, there is a significant improvement and stability control?.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Former Sponsor
It is all a matter of personal opinion really. Cruise around the forum and f150forum.com

Old 05-06-2013, 06:45 PM
The problem is that I can not get a personal opinion because I've never driven a truck lowered, from there I go to those with experience, what happens is that, as I mentioned, in forums all have lowering kit, can not get anyone with coilovers, and I can not get an idea and persuade me to spend 40 or 50% more, if you guarantee me a kit, for example, Belltech, with struts, shocks street, etc, will give me what I expect, what buy and now, but I need that experience that convinced me. I hope you understand my point and apologize. We therefore discuss, V2 coilovers are better or worse than the struts street?.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Former Sponsor
I cannot guarantee that it will give you the result you are after. I am sure it can but guarantees only get me in trouble. lol

Old 05-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Is there a 2/4 kit available for a 2010 harley 4WD?

Last edited by DaveKat; 05-10-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by DaveKat
Is there a 2/4 kit available for a 2010 harley 4WD?
I just got done installing one on mine. I haven't decided if I like it yet.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Fireraider61
I just got done installing one on mine. I haven't decided if I like it yet.
If you've got the time, I'd love to see the pictures. I'm having a hard time imagining what the HD would look like since it doesn't have the same stock stance as other 4WD trucks.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Harley AWD BellTech

Originally Posted by DaveKat
If you've got the time, I'd love to see the pictures. I'm having a hard time imagining what the HD would look like since it doesn't have the same stock stance as other 4WD trucks.
I went with the BellTech adjustable height shocks in the front so as to keep the same ride quality with the stock springs. They were +2" to -2" and I went with -1.5". If I even take them back off I will remove the .5" ring spacer.
The rears I used the Belltech 4" lower shackles.
Interestingly, none of the places I looked online (including BellTech) stated that the parts would work on the Harley AWD but everything bolted right up.
It took me about 3.5 hours to put the front shocks on and maybe another 1.5 hours for the rear shackles the next day.
The ride is fine. Not sure if its really any different. I haven't done anything but drive it back and forth to work so far (maybe 4 times) and now that the weather is better I have been riding.
I think I will buy the rear sway-bar and then be done.
I will try to get some pictures for you. Its nothing drastic looking, I did it for handling and can't say yet if it helped.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:03 AM
I went with the BellTech adjustable height shocks in the front so as to keep the same ride quality with the stock springs. They were +2" to -2" and I went with -1.5". If I even take them back off I will remove the .5" ring spacer.
Interestingly, none of the places I looked online (including BellTech) stated that the parts would work on the Harley AWD but everything bolted right up.
It took me about 3.5 hours to put the front shocks on and maybe another 1.5 hours for the rear shackles the next day.
The ride is fine. Not sure if its really any different. I haven't done anything but drive it back and forth to work so far (maybe 4 times) and now that the weather is better I have been riding.
I will try to get some pictures for you. Its nothing drastic looking, I did it for handling and can't say yet if it helped.
That sounds like the setup I was going to use, but instead of the 4" shackle, I was gong to go with the 2" and then remove the rear block. But depending on what the 4" looks like, I'll probably go with that and then an airbag helper kit to keep it level under "minor" loads.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Can you post a part number for the 4" shackle? I am lowering a 2013 Platinum 4x2 however I don't know that I want to go 5 in the back. Belltechs web site does not show a 4" shackle.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Flash69
Can you post a part number for the 4" shackle? I am lowering a 2013 Platinum 4x2 however I don't know that I want to go 5 in the back. Belltechs web site does not show a 4" shackle.
6406 was the shackle I went with.
Still working on the photos. I want to get one of the other F150s at work parked next to me so you can see the difference.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:33 PM
6406 was the shackle I went with.
Still working on the photos. I want to get one of the other F150s at work parked next to me so you can see the difference.
Belltech shows 6406 as a 2" drop shackle. They don't make a 4" shackle.

Quick Reply: 04-12 F150 Belltech Lowering Kits