Sony navigation 14 platinum aftermarket amp hook up??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sony navigation 14 platinum aftermarket amp hook up??

Does anyone know a good way to hook a aftermarket amp up on this truck? I've ran power wire to battery with fuse box about 12 inches away from battery. Then I ran it through firewall to amp them I spliced rca kicker kisl speaker to rca input to factory subwoofer wiring under rear passenger seat , then connected straight to amp with the kicker kisl and remote wire to fuse number 38 kick panel! Worked fine and sounded also for like two days then parked at home truck died. It's not the battery it was checked. The problem come to be that the body control module went out. Anyone know what the he'll I did wrong here this can't happen again. How do yall hook your aftermarket amp wiring up? Please give me some suggestions please? Thanks!

Old 04-27-2016, 08:40 PM
question

im confused, was the amp for a new sub or for speakers? and why power tied in twice? or at least that what it sounds like

Old 04-27-2016, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by SemperParatus
im confused, was the amp for a new sub or for speakers? and why power tied in twice? or at least that what it sounds like
It's a new amp and new sub!

Old 04-28-2016, 11:08 AM
thats a bad day right there, wheres the new amp grounded to and what amp? sounds like ecu got spiked, what amperage does it run? might have pushed so much through the 25a fuse at 38 and just fried it instead of the fuse being able to blow.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by SemperParatus
thats a bad day right there, wheres the new amp grounded to and what amp? sounds like ecu got spiked, what amperage does it run? might have pushed so much through the 25a fuse at 38 and just fried it instead of the fuse being able to blow.
It's grounded to where the oem subwoofer was mounted top passenger side. I used the bolt that was holding the oem sony sub. And I cut the subwoofer connecter and wired a kicker kisl speaker level input to rca to my new amp, it's a kicker dxa500.1 amp. It was a bad day and I was really pissed off but the truck is fixed unDer warranty now. Ilet's a 500 watt amp.

Quick Reply: Sony navigation 14 platinum aftermarket amp hook up??