Speakers not working??? Power issue?

Old 02-06-2016, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speakers not working??? Power issue?

So I just bought a 2014 F150 FX4. It has the stock 700w Sony Premium sound package with it. Everything has been working fine for a couple days then earlier today the speakers weren't working. The screen was showing music playing and calls being made as I was trying to troubleshoot the issue, but no sound was coming from the speakers. The problem was wide spread through all the sound options (radio, SYNC, BT).

I was able to get the speakers to work when I finally pulled over, and restarted the truck. Any insights to a possible problem? If it happens again I will be taking it back to the dealer.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-16-2022, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same issue with my 09. I can turn the key to "on" & everything plays fine. As soon as I start the truck the amp shuts down. Some days it works, other days I have to sing (it ain't pretty!) I'm thinking maybe a canbus issue but I'm not sure.

Old 10-16-2022, 11:20 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I recommend when this happens get the truck scanned for codes, along with doing function tests. Forscan or getting a high end scan tool like an AUTEL MX series scan tool can let you dive deeper.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speakers not working??? Power issue?