Prefab 12 inch single subwoofer box - 2010 SC?

Old 05-27-2015, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prefab 12 inch single subwoofer box - 2010 SC?

So I bought a Kicker 40CWS102 10 inch sub (300w/600w peak) to go a prefab box (Atrend A361-10CP) made for the 2009 and up SuperCrew. It fits fine under the back seat.

The box has .80 cf of airspace.

It is powered by a Precision Power 600 mono channel amp. Plenty of power.

The box sounds great..EXCEPT low notes. I tried a tad of polyfill, etc. The exact same setup (of course a different box albeit slightly smaller at .77 cf) is in my brother's Mazda 3 speed and sounds killer, even low notes.

I know this all plays into cabin gain effect, etc. I was thinking of going a single 12 route, but there are no prefabs I have found available that fit (and i don't really have time to build one).

Headunit and crossover settings have been tweaked etc without any positive results.

What can I do to get better lower bass response? I really am not fond of dumping in two 12s

Old 05-27-2015, 11:48 AM
Cabin gain and truck acoustics is the biggest issue you'll have trying to get that sub to hit low notes. I'd add more polyfill though, that subs specs say sealed cf is 1-2.4 so you're a bit under what's recommended.

Besides that, you can up to a better 10" sub, but that may require more power.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:51 AM
For what its worth I had that box loaded with polyfill..about 12 ounces..which is the rule of thumb of 1 lb per cubic foot. The sub would actually sit on top of the fill until I pushed it down and mounted it. I took some out to test and it didn't make a big difference with it being loaded full.

What about the newer Kicker RT shallow mounts?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-TCWRT124.html
I saw someone on here a few threads down has one..but i haven't heard one in person.

This is a preloaded enclosure and a 12 inch

I had a loaded enclosure (older version - Kicker CompCT 10 inch) it hit, but not that hard.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Prefab 12 inch single subwoofer box - 2010 SC?