04 custom sub box question

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 06:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 custom sub box question

Been looking around a bit to upgrade my stereo system. Have a kenwood DVD unit . Planning to build a sub box under rear seats . Trying to have a hidden slide out drawer for tool storage . (Very minimal) but mainly my question regards the direction the subwoofers face. Is there much difference in tone or performance : quality? Up or down . Also much difference between 1 12" vs 2 10"" from what I assume the box cu ft will play a significant role. And the engineering. Dynamics of speaker power and inside dimension and space are crucial in finding the ideal balance. I'm not really into the body panel shaking bass but more of a full amazing powerful clean sound .. Any input or advice would be appreciated

Old 05-24-2015, 10:05 AM
SFM
You have alot more options with the 2 10's as far as sub choices go. Biggest drawback with the 12 is mounting depth, unless you plan on raising the rear seat. There are 2 or 3 pre-fab boxes that will easily fit under the rear seat and provide enough air space and mounting depth for a nice pair of 10's. In my opinion a good pair of 10's will provide everything your looking for. I'm running the setup in my sig and it does nicely.

Old 05-25-2015, 05:55 PM
Box to sub match is critical, I'd rather have one ten in a proper sized and built box than two twelves in a mismatched prefab sub box.

As for orientation you'll never notice the difference between down or up firing so go with whatever allows the sub the best clearance from hitting anything.

Quick Reply: 04 custom sub box question