Qlogic

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qlogic

I got Ford Lincoln 10 Inch Custom Subwoofer Enclosure
[QL-C1FTX110] Does anybody out here have one ? Did you do some work on it to make it sounds better ?Qlogic is made of plastic and wood . I' m thinking about going MDF box , but not sure if it makes it better .and i just wanted to keep a single 10 .I tried a Jl 10w3v2 but the magnet is hitting the bottom of the box , then i tried Crunch P3sd4 shallow mount .but , i'm not satisfied. so for now i put the old Infinity kappa 10.1 . . Do a kick panel speakers will help. ? or replace my 5x7 comps. w/5.5 round comps ? . my set up is ,, front hertz esk 570 5x7, rear hertz ecx 570 5x7, 1 Infinity kappa 10.1 .subwoofer,Qlogic box , 1 alpine pdx 150x4 . 1 pdx 1000.1 and gauge 0 and 4 power wires . thanks for reading . but help is better,,,, LOL

Last edited by fxangel; 02-23-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Wow you really need to work on your formatting man, I can barely understand this haha. But lets see here..

Did you do some work on it to make it sounds better ?Qlogic is made of plastic and wood . I' m thinking about going MDF box , but not sure if it makes it better .and i just wanted to keep a single 10
What doesn't sound good about it? Does it have a hollow sound? If so you can try addid a little poly fill to it.

Are you trying to say you want to add wood to the box? Or build a new box out of wood? A new box out of wood built to the speakers specs would definitely sound better, and you can build it to fit those other speakers instead too.

Side note: the p3sd4 is a Rockford Fosgate sub, not Crunch.

Do a kick panel speakers will help. ? or replace my 5x7 comps. w/5.5 round comps ?
Are you trying to help the sound of the sub? Or the sound of the highs? Have you deadened the doors yet? Components are good if you take the time to aim them and are going to amp them, but no point in going to 5.5"s, might as well go to 6 1/4's, but you also already have a good set of door speakers as it is. Kick panel speakers are good too if you take the time to set them up right, and from what I've heard the qlogic kickpanels need a little extra deadening on the back because they vibrate some.

Another side note: It may not be sounding good if your trying to run that amp at full power on any of those subs, that's way too much power for any of those subs. It puts out around triple the rms power any of those subs want.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:04 AM
my bad about my writing . auto correct and bad eye sights does not really really go together .. hahahaha .... your right its p3 RF .thats what i got . yeah its sounds hollow also. My Q box is 8 years old . maybe its beginning to give up on me . I also noticed thats the top right plastic part got more gap than the left . I need a leak test but how ?.amp adjustment is @ the minimum for 5 years of using it ..box is dynamated and with polly . i need to get it fix soon . Heading back to California in 9 days , good sounding stereo will help me relax on my 2k journey. thanks

Old 02-24-2013, 11:07 PM
i would build a mdf box. i hate prefab boxes with a passion. i built a box the same size as a prefab and it sounded better. birch is a better wood to use but mdf works great also.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:16 AM
Yea I think it's time to build a new box, go with either 3/4" mdf or if you want to save a little space and weight 5/8" birch will work too but it cost more.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:16 AM
yea birch is lighter and not as porous as mdf is to.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:34 PM
I got lucky found one on craigslist . used for 40$ .

Old 02-18-2016, 04:21 PM
Qlogic kickpanels are pretty nice

Quick Reply: Qlogic