Audio Guru's

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Drdudsads
Audio Guru's

I am looking for some guidance in my audio setup. I currently have a Pioneer 12" sub shallow mount. It is decent for what it is 1200 WATTS,300RMS and sounds good. Just takes up a 1/3 of my back seat. Not a biggie to me as rarely anyone sits back there. However I am looking to get rid of it in favor of a killer speaker setup. I have been researching and I want to go with Alpine 6-1/2" door speakers front and rear, http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/spr-17s. Now I plan on sound deadening the door and making sure it is all sealed up as best as I can. I plan to run a Apline 4 Channel amp, http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/pdx-f6. I know it is a little over kill, but at least it is not under kill, LOL. I plan to run a 4 gauge wire install kit so everything is hopefully in line. I am looking for it to be clear and have some bass if possible to what I have now maybe? I know it will not be as deep yet will I have any bass at all? I do not plan to run a sub any more, hopefully so looking to see if this will hold a candle to my current setup. Advice and suggestions welcome.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will still want the sub. Blend those door speakers with the sub and you will enjoy. If anything just cut the sub back a bit and use it to compliment the door speakers so you dont have a gap in your sound.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Drdudsads
Why is that? Or just no comparrison between a quaility speaker setup and a sub?

Old 05-19-2010, 10:50 PM

With high powered speakers, a subwoofer will blend into the music. It wont just be a bunch of bass, but rather add depth and power to your music. And with that much power to your speakers, it will sound much cleaner at high volume (especially in treated doors like you plan to do).

So yes, keep your current sub and add the speaker system you are planning and you will be quite pleased with the outcome.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Drdudsads
So the speakers will add clarity and be a smoother transition?

Old 05-20-2010, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Desert Racer
So the speakers will add clarity and be a smoother transition?
If done properly, that is the idea.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:35 AM
Drdudsads
Thanks again guys.

Last edited by Drdudsads; 06-22-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Audio Guru's