Grrrrrr! Where can I find some vinyl?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Grrrrrr! Where can I find some vinyl?

Alrighty, ever since I got my sub box put together Ive been looking for gray vinyl that I can use to make a cushion. Well, its been like a year and I still havent found any. Ive looked in fabric shops, Hobby Lobby, Walmart-EVERYWHERE. SO...does anyone have an idea where I can get some off the 'net. It needs to match my gray leather. I know where I can get padding and stuff, I just need the vinyl.

Also, I havent looked much for this-but does anyone know where I can find a gallon of Herculiner (the bed liner stuff) really cheap? When I covered my box with it I just got a quart of it and only got the top, sides, and front covered. I want to cover the whole thing, plus, some of it needs recovered now. I figure a gallon should cover it all. I see all these 'kits' with brushes, directions, etc etc, and they are like 100 bucks. Im definatley not spending that much, and Id like to just get a gallon of it without the 'kit' but if I can get it all cheap Id go for that.

Let me know! Any help is greatly appreciated!
THANK YOU

Old 01-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bartak1
Alrighty, ever since I got my sub box put together Ive been looking for gray vinyl that I can use to make a cushion. Well, its been like a year and I still havent found any. Ive looked in fabric shops, Hobby Lobby, Walmart-EVERYWHERE. SO...does anyone have an idea where I can get some off the 'net. It needs to match my gray leather. I know where I can get padding and stuff, I just need the vinyl.

Also, I havent looked much for this-but does anyone know where I can find a gallon of Herculiner (the bed liner stuff) really cheap? When I covered my box with it I just got a quart of it and only got the top, sides, and front covered. I want to cover the whole thing, plus, some of it needs recovered now. I figure a gallon should cover it all. I see all these 'kits' with brushes, directions, etc etc, and they are like 100 bucks. Im definatley not spending that much, and Id like to just get a gallon of it without the 'kit' but if I can get it all cheap Id go for that.

Let me know! Any help is greatly appreciated!
THANK YOU
Try this...http://www.cardomain.com/sku/RTEVG

Also, I don't know if the color would match with the Herculiner, but Auto Zone has some cheaper brand that would probably work. I can't remeber what brand it is...I saw it when I thinking about building my own box.

Old 01-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Cool, hopefully I can get them to send me a little sample to check out.
There is an AutoZone fairly close too, Ill have to check that out sometime.

Thanks!

Old 01-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Lightbulb

You know, any decent fabric shop can sell you good quality vinyl by the yard...

It's a lot cheaper/easier to do than order from a specialty store.

Old 01-20-2006, 01:31 PM
Problem is I havent found any. Looked, but none.

Thats funny, I was just drawing penguins and remembered this post...and your name is Penguin! Heh.

Stupid CarDomain wont send me a lil sample either.

Old 01-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Problem is I havent found any. Looked, but none.

Thats funny, I was just drawing penguins and remembered this post...and your name is Penguin! Heh.

Have you tried a Marine Shop? Like West Marine. They sell new vinyl so you can redo the interiors in boats. I know my Father bought stuff from them on a boat he redid. They also have a website..

Old 01-20-2006, 04:43 PM
I bought some from our local fabric shop not too long ago, I think it's called JoAnn Fabrics maybe... If you can't find any PM me and let me know how much you need and I can get it for ya. It wasn't too expensive either.

Old 01-20-2006, 05:11 PM

How about this...a quick internet search.
http://www.rochfordsupply.com/produc...SubCatID_E_489

Quick Reply: Grrrrrr! Where can I find some vinyl?