Dupis - quick question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dupis - quick question

You gave me the measurements of you homemade box, in which I was going to put in 1 single 10" sub and make the box sealed. This going in a 2005 F-150 Supercab.

After reading a few post, I've decided to go
with 2 - 8" subs (JL W1) instead of the single 10" However, I still want to seal the box. If I used your dimensions and sealed it, would there be enough volume to put in the 2- 8" JL W1 subs?

Sorry for so many questions, it's just that I'm new to all this building and want to get it right the first time.

I just can't see paying another $500-$600 for a JL Stealthbox to fit the 2005.

Old 02-21-2005, 11:06 AM
Re: Dupis - quick question

Originally posted by Greeny
You gave me the measurements of you homemade box, in which I was going to put in 1 single 10" sub and make the box sealed. This going in a 2005 F-150 Supercab.

After reading a few post, I've decided to go
with 2 - 8" subs (JL W1) instead of the single 10" However, I still want to seal the box. If I used your dimensions and sealed it, would there be enough volume to put in the 2- 8" JL W1 subs?

Sorry for so many questions, it's just that I'm new to all this building and want to get it right the first time.

I just can't see paying another $500-$600 for a JL Stealthbox to fit the 2005.
Sorry I don't know what those subs need sealed. I don't see why it would not work though. The one thing I would check first is the mounting depth of those subs for this box.
Can someone here help him out with those 8 '' JL sealed req? You could just check the JL site also for that info.

Old 02-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Dupuis,

Thanks for responding.

If I can't go with the box being sealed, I guess I'll go with it ported just like yours with two 8's. What did your RE's cost you a piece?

I'm not sure how to put in the port. Could you tell me how to do it? Or, would you be interested in making the box for me and I'll pay you. Just let me know the cost.

Old 02-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Greeny
Dupuis,

Thanks for responding.

If I can't go with the box being sealed, I guess I'll go with it ported just like yours with two 8's. What did your RE's cost you a piece?

I'm not sure how to put in the port. Could you tell me how to do it? Or, would you be interested in making the box for me and I'll pay you. Just let me know the cost.

They ran $48 each shipped from this place. http://visionaryaudio.com/ or you can call them direct. Resonant Engineering HQ6672 spencer streetsuite 600 las vegasnv 89119e - sales@reaudio.come - tech@reaudio.comtel : (702) 896 4823

Sorry, I wish I had the time. Just look at my pictures and click on the ones that show the unfinished box. You will see how the port goes throw the 2 subs and turns with a 90 deg. elbow, and then goes into the the shallow end of the box. You will have to squeeze the 3'' thin wall PVC a little when you put the top on that area of the box. You want to make sure and put the port in before you put the top of your box on.

Quick Reply: Dupis - quick question