Supercrewsound box

Old 02-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercrewsound box

Does anyone have a sub box from Supercrewsound.com?

If so, I was wondering how it fits. Does it fit flush with the front of the rear seat or stick out past it?

I'm looking at the single 10" sealed and was trying to get some feedback.

Deciding on a box has been pretty hard. I was so used to my JL Stealthbox in my 2000 F150, but the darn thing won't fit in the new 2005 Scab. I just can't see paying another $600 for a new Stealth.

Old 02-07-2005, 07:25 PM
I just ordered the Box from these guys and will let you know. I also went ahead and ordered a sub and amp too. Their lead time is something like 7-10 days

Old 02-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Why size box did you order? Dual or single? What size sub and brand did you go with?

I'm considering getting their single 10" with a Digital Audio Sub. They said the sub is by Audiobahn.

Please let me know how it sounds.

Thanks...

Old 02-07-2005, 09:02 PM
I ordered the single 10" box. They just introduced a dual sub box that fits behind the back seat! The Website states it has 1.3ft3 of volume. I don't need that much boom. I went with the DA4010 sub and the Bazooka ELA300.1 amp. It'll run 400watts into 2ohms. I wanted to do that same set-up as jhartz but his prices out 400bucks or more than this set up. That JL audio amp of his produces better quality power as well. I made my descision based on the research I did on the web. E-bay has some tempting offers at a lower prices, but in the end I like the warranty senario of new stuff and authorized dealers. I'll let you know how I think it sound and if I made the right choice. I wasn't looking for big boom just enough punch for my kids to beg me to turn it down!

Old 02-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Kloost,

That is the same box and sub I'm considering. When you get it installed, could you let me know how it sounds? I'd really appreciate it.

I'm the same as you. I don't want everyone in the neighborhood hearing me. I just want good sounding bass inside the truck.

I'll also have Infinity Kappa 572.5 in all four doors with an Audiobahn 4-channel amp pushing 75watts into each speaker.

Can't wait to hear how it sounds.

Old 02-23-2005, 03:49 PM
Greeny
I just got the amp and sub installed in the SuperCrewSound box. After messing around with the crossovers I'm finally getting it dialed in. I got to tell you that due to a spec error on SSC's website I ended up with the ela500.1 instead of the ela300.1. Now as for the sound let me tell you at 40%gain set on the amp I have whitcaps in my coffee cup when I crank it up!!! I'm not sure what your stealthbox sounded like, but I couldn't be happier. Nice clean low end- you can hear the bass strings move. Kick drum feels like the band's in the back seat! It's great fun. For under $400 bucks you can't go wrong with this setup. I realize now that an upgrade from the Pioneer 3 ways in the front door to components is the next step to sonic bliss!

Old 02-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Kloost,

I'm glad to hear you like the set-up. That's what I was wanting to hear. Now, let me make sure I have everything correct.

Please let me know if I'm wrong with any.

1. You have a 2004 FX4 Supercab.

2. You got the SCC single downfire 10" box.

3. You got the 10" Digital Audio 4010 Sub.

Now just a few other questions:

1. Does the box fit flush with the front of the back seat?

2. How many watts on the sub amp?

3. With the box under the rear seat, does it feel like your sitting
on a box or is there room for the seat to give a little when
you sit down?

4. Where did you mount the sub amp?

I hope to hear from you soon. If you have any pics, please post or send them to me. tskidmore@fuse.net

Old 02-25-2005, 08:37 AM
i have a "knock off" of the thunderform box from MTX. the plastic box sits flush under the seat. i have one audiobahn 10 with an audiobahn amp providing the power. the only thing that i dislike about the box is when you have the volume up the box rattles a bit from the vibration. its nothing major but i can hear it rattle everyonce and a while. i will post some pics of the box in the next couple of days.

Old 02-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Greeny

Yes 2004 f150 supercrew fx4.
-Amp is Bazooka ela500.1. Bazooka claims 375watts rms @ 4ohms 500watts @ 2ohms.
-Subwoofer is 10" Digital Audio (apparently manufactured by Audiobahn) Low Freq driver, dual 4ohm vioce coils.
- SupercrewSound single 10" sealed enclosure.

I am running the sub wired in 2ohm configuration. Again, the the gain is set at 40% no bass boost.

The box does fit flush to the front of the back seat, but it is tight- the latch to lock the seat in place will not engage unless you sit on the seat.

I still don't have the rear liner installed so you'll see the install before i tidy things up.

I was going to take a couple of pics to post on the gallery once I figure out how on the galleries. Maybe I'll email you directly.

The box seems solid so far- the terminal connections are cheap. For the power I'm running these things are going to melt! I was showing my pastor my set up and had Rush's "Tom Sawyer" absolutely cranked- 0 distortion. In fact you couldn't listen at the levels of out put this things capable of very long without some major long term hearing loss. Good bang for the buck! As far as durability goes- we'll wait and see.

For the most part I listen to music at levels not objectional to my neigbors, but big power is like big horespower there is some things you can never have enough of and you have to stop somewhere!

Old 02-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Kloost,

Thanks for the response. Just what I wanted to hear. I was a little skeptical on the DA sub, since they're somewhat new, but it sounds like they hit pretty good.

If and when you get time, please post some pics. I would love to see your set-up.

Greeny

Old 02-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Greeny
I got the photos. Now I need to figure out how to clean up the install and keep things tidy!
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=5358

Old 03-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Kloost,

Just checking to see how your Superscrewsound box is working out for you. I've been considering the same set up for a while.

You mentioned the fit was tight. When sitting in the rear seat, can you feel the box underneath you? Is it uncomfortable for the person sitting on it?

Greeny

Old 03-17-2005, 05:46 PM
No question it is tight. However, the box is designed to slide under the metal flange on the seat bracket as you should be able to see in the gallery pics. If you want higher resolution shot I can email them to you. I can't tell the difference sitting in the seat that the box is there. I have been more than happy with the set-up so far and the sub puts up with some punishment!

Old 03-18-2005, 06:02 AM
Kloost,

That would be great if you could send some pics via email. I'd really appreciate it.

tskidmore@fuse.net

Thanks

Old 03-26-2005, 03:40 AM
Hey Greeny... Supercrewsound has been around for a while and seems to be a reputable vendor. I ordered my box from them a couple years ago for '02 Screw and it came on time and fit perfectly. I have VERY little experience installing systems and I managed to wedge the thing in there on my first try. The fit is tight, but it looks CLEAN!!! You should be happy with your box from them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Supercrewsound box