Sub, amp etc hookup HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sub, amp etc hookup HELP!!!!

Ok, so heres the story... I just bought a 2004 FX4 F150 screw and im trying to put my subs in it. Im having a hard time doing this.... its not as easy as the jeep that i had them in. Ok so here goes... Where can i find an acc wire for the amp remote, where is the best place to run the power wire from the batt through the firewall into the truck? Also, where is the best place to ground the amp? Then... where is the easiest place to get the audio wires for the audio into the amp? THe back doors look like a pain to pull apart so i was wondering if there was a better place to get them. Guys, i need some help on this one... its starting to really frustrate the crap outta me! Anyway, all your help would be appreciated!!! BTW.. this has the factory 6 cd changer w/ sub in it.

Thanks!

Old 02-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Lightbulb SUBS HOOK UP

Q-LOGIC MAKES MANY BOXES FOR THE SCREW 2004. IF YOU HAVE THE AUDIOPHILE SYSTEM AND WANT TO SELL IT I WILL BUY. YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT BINK360@EXCITE.COM. THANKS

Old 02-03-2005, 06:46 PM
eh, i have the boxes i need and im keeping the rest.. jsut looking for some advice...

Thanks

Old 02-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Best run that I found for the power wire was thru the right side channel frame and up thru a rubber plug near your amp.Door channels are full of wires and plus you need the room for your rcas and speaker wires.

Old 02-07-2005, 07:21 PM
I ran the Amp wire for my first amp through the Firewall behind the engine coolant bottle (silicone the wire in the hole). Then I ran the wire under the carpet underlayment to the left side wire channel back to the amp mounted behind the back seat. I ran all the RCA's back to the amp via the right wire channel to the amp. These channels hold more than you think and by separating the power and RCA's I think it reduces potential radio interference. I'm adding a second amp for a sub and will run the wiring the same way. This works for me with no problems, if there is (was) a better or easier way let me know. As for the remote lead for the sub, I forget which color it is. I just order a new Kenwood MP425 HU and I'll have to tear into the dash again. If you haven't figured it out by then I'll let you know.

Old 02-13-2005, 02:39 AM
*sigh* just trying to find out how to hook up a 10" sub & amplifier

*sigh* just trying to find out how to hook up a 10" sub & amplifier. I have a 1993 F150 Flareside Extra cab (not super cab) and I've upgraded to a nice panasonic stereo, 2 way pioneer 6x8's in back and sony 6 1/2's in front. None of these have significant bass so I want to add a 10" woofer with rampage amplifier (i know, cheap amplifier, but not looking for anything hella loud) I already have a 10" pioneer subwoofer. I cant find any info on how to hook this up.

Old 02-13-2005, 02:39 AM
*sigh* just trying to find out how to hook up a 10" sub & amplifier

*sigh* just trying to find out how to hook up a 10" sub & amplifier. I have a 1993 F150 Flareside Extra cab (not super cab) and I've upgraded to a nice panasonic stereo, 2 way pioneer 6x8's in back and sony 6 1/2's in front. None of these have significant bass so I want to add a 10" woofer with rampage amplifier (i know, cheap amplifier, but not looking for anything hella loud) I already have a 10" pioneer subwoofer. I cant find any info on how to hook this up.

Old 02-18-2005, 07:21 PM
Well I ran the new amp power wire and I have to agree with cccmachine's earlier post. There was no way to run the 4ga power through the firewall! That frame rail and plug solution worked great. Thanks cccmachine! netruckboy what specific help do you need with the install? What size amp? Amp powering door speakers? line input or RCA's?

Last edited by kloost; 02-18-2005 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:31 PM
you can tap into the ACC power wire to the radio for a remote turn on. Its switchable current so everytime the radio gets turned on and off, the amp goes with it. There are two power wires. Ones yellow and ones red. Only one says switching current. thats the one you want, I cant remember which color that is.

Old 02-18-2005, 08:35 PM
I believe its green with a white stripe on the stock harness. Easy to check with multimeter

Old 02-18-2005, 08:40 PM
You are also going to need a high to low level RCA converter. One side taps into the rear speaker leads, the other end plugs into the RCA's. This is easiest to do behind the stereo. Run the RCA's sepratley from the power and remote wire to avoid engine noise. Pull the panel behind the rear seat off (if there is one there) and expose bare metal on the floor for a ground. Be sure to scrape all of the paint away at the grounding point. As far as the remote goes, if you are using the factory radio, get a volt meter and poke around until you find a wire that puts off 12v when the ignition is on and goes off when the ignition is off. If you have an aftermarket radio, refer to my above post for remote. This whole thing is fairly easy to do yourself. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Sub, amp etc hookup HELP!!!!