how to remove the speakers on a 2004 screw

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to remove the speakers on a 2004 screw

I am changing my door speakers on my 2004 screw and I was wondering how to get at the speakers on the front doors and the back doors.
Also has anyone put a sub box behind the back seat?

Old 01-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Front Doors, the grill just prys off, carefully. Havent done the rears yet

Old 01-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Yeah, the front grilles have a little slot near the top that you can put the tip of a screwdriver in and they just pop off.

The back doors are different. You have to pull off the upper molding (that goes up the back side of the window), and that will reveal a bolt. Remove that bolt. Then pry off the tab where the door handle is and remove those two screws. Gently pry up on the door lock panel and you'll see another screw there to remove. Then there are two screws at the bottom of the door panel. After all of the screws are removed, you can lift up on the door panel and it comes right off. Speakers are right there for the taking.

That's from memory, so if I left a part out, someone plz correct me.

Old 01-25-2005, 02:13 PM
how about the back doors on a scab?

Old 01-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by CrazyAssNick
how about the back doors on a scab?
I might be to late but its pretty easy. Pop the two plastic pieces off that go up on either side of the window (pull hard, they will come off) you will then see a bolt under each one of those pieces..pull them out. Pop the arm rest cover off and remove the bolt in there, pop the cap off thats right behind the door handle and theres two bolts in there as well. There should be two more at the very bottom of the door panel. Once there all out lift straight up on the panel to unlock the tabs and its off. Take care when putting it back on that you put the door handle together properly. I would put the bolts in and try it before you put it all back together. I didnt have the handle in properly the frst time, but got it the second time around. Good luck and if you have any questions let me know. Check my gallery, theres a few pics of the door panel off, if you want to see what it looks like in there.

Quick Reply: how to remove the speakers on a 2004 screw