JHARTZ... I have a question for ya!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question JHARTZ... I have a question for ya!

Hey man... I have a quick question for ya. I noticed you are running a ProBox with a JL 10w3v2. Are you running the dual 2, 4, or 6 Ohm model? I am wanting the same exact setup, but I am looking at the dual 4 Ohm sub. Do you have any suggestions or comments on this setup? I have been a LOYAL, DIE HARD, JL Audio fan for years, and I know they are one of the best... Would never have anything else but JL Audio. Let me know about your setup, and if you have any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Old 01-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Hey man, I ended up going with the Rockford punch 10" as it was the only one I could find to fit in the small probox...The jl I wanted to use was the 10w3d2v2 but they dont make it anymore, and I am not gonna buy one on Ebay cuz they are way over priced and they are few and far between. I am still running the jl e1400d amp though with the pioneer dehp7600mp head unit and it sounds unreal!!!! But if you can find a 10w3 use it... and go with the probox, it fits like glove and looks awsome. I am gonna take pics this weekend and put them in my gallery...

Old 01-23-2005, 09:23 PM
Hartz,
To my understanding, the ProBox has a 5.75" mounting depth. According to JL's website the 10w3v2 has a 5.75" mounting depth... is there something I don't know!? Let me know man. Thanks!

Old 01-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Yes it does have enough depth, but the magnet will hit the bottom, so a small spacer is required... And the Rockford hits very very hard... especially when hooked up to the jl e1400d amp! I would have liked the jl sub, but they are hard to find, and from what I was told, they dont make them anymore? If you can get your hands on one of these subs, by all means do it... I was just impatient and wanted my system done! And man let me tell you, it rocks hard!!!!

Quick Reply: JHARTZ... I have a question for ya!