01 Screw best amp locations

Old 01-20-2005, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 01 Screw best amp locations

I own a 2001 Scrw and I am using a Probox custom enclosure behind the driver's seat. Does anyone have experience with the best locations to mount small to medium size amp(s)? I do not want to remove the panels from behind the back seat permanently. I wondered if the best location is behind the backseat panels, under the passenger side rear seat, or under the front two seats. The only problem I can forsee on mounting them under the front seats is the vents for the rear exit under them. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah , if anyone has any pictures of their setups that would be great too. Thanks for any help, Charles.

Last edited by ceabbott2; 01-26-2005 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:40 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the captain chairs in the front so I put my amp under the center console.

Old 01-20-2005, 12:44 PM
Dang the luck. I have the split up front with the large armrest/console storage. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Old 01-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Thumbs up

The best place I found is behind the rear seats in the jack storage area. I took my jacks out and put them in a bag in the bed. It give your amps enought room to breathe. Depending on your setup, you may want to remove the covers on the storage area to allow air to circulate. I had a problem with my amps getting to warm. I had enough room to put 2 amps, distro block and a cap. If you need to know anything else let me know.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:35 PM
Smile amp location

Thanks that's exactly the components I have to install!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 01 Screw best amp locations