Audiobahn Pro compression

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 03:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audiobahn Pro compression

http://www.audiobahninc.com/frame2004.html
Do you guys think these subs will work in an SC...I was thinking that i could make the 12s work out in my truck......the mounting depth is 4.5 inch... .41 airspace....It looks to me like a perfect sub for F150's.....check these boxes out to....
http://www.subbox.net/FordF150X-cabDualDown-fireBox(1999-2003).html

I'm not sure but if im im thinking correctly these will work...please give me your thoughts......next problem would be finding a place to mount a 1000+watt amp....and im not sure that 500 watts would push those subs well....so many unknowns

Old 11-19-2004, 11:29 AM
I've got that same box with a couple of RF DVC 8's in it in my 99 SCab. Sounds great.

If all you have to mount is 1 amp, it shoudl fit underneath the pass side front seat.

I had to find a place to mount 2 amps (1 for subs/1 for components), 4 crossovers, capacitor and dist blocks. I mounted them all to a board and attached them to the top of the sub box. After hunting season I'll be mounting my rear seat on a lift made of 2"X6" aluminum rect tubing.

Old 11-19-2004, 03:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It'd work but IMO go wtih something other than A-bahn. If youve had experience with them in the past and like them then go for it, but most abahn stuff is junk. Check out that pioneer truck sub. 4.5 in depth, better than abahn *****+-

Old 11-20-2004, 12:25 AM
I've never dealt with abahn....although i have always felt that pioneer subs are cheap made and sorta junk.....pioneer headunits are nice though......pioneer amps.......not so good.....but if you say so on the subs i might look at them.......do you know if the 12'' box will petrude from under my seat and look like crap or if it will be nearly all the way under the seat.....its after mid night...just got home from work dont feel like takin the tape mesurer out right now

Old 11-22-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Coal.Miner
I've never dealt with abahn....although i have always felt that pioneer subs are cheap made and sorta junk.....pioneer headunits are nice though......pioneer amps.......not so good.....but if you say so on the subs i might look at them.......do you know if the 12'' box will petrude from under my seat and look like crap or if it will be nearly all the way under the seat.....its after mid night...just got home from work dont feel like takin the tape mesurer out right now
I have 1 12in Audiobahn 1251T. Its not the biggest they have but does nicely. I only have the one 12in, I have a 800.2 Kicker amp (big son of a bitch), then did my own wiring. I Kept the stock deck to keep thieves from peering in the window and getting curious to steal stuff. This way they see a giant Ford cassette player that won't fit in any car and have the 6 disk stock changer in the consol. Out of sight, out of mind.

I have a ported bandpass box and that's it. The mother ****er pounds let me tell you. Trust me. It just depends on how loud you want it. Since I have it now its almost to the point I don't like it just beating loud all the time. It gets old and annoying. It is on the other hand plenty loud enough to make the people next to you hear it even with their windows up. You can here it in a house and so on. Its all I need. I have no intentions of trying to go deaf or compete with the Jone's on who have the loudest. Inside the car it'll sound VERY nice. I have a Eddie Bauer Expy and it sounds so good with that Mach system. Right now I am done with it. I have what I want. I may in the future get a Audiobahn 12in that is the 1000watt RMS, like 2000 something max, but who care about max. Max means nothing. Its the RMS. The speaker I have now is rated at 400RMS, 900 watt MAx. So its nice. If you get 2 they'll HIT. Pioneer I have a 12in of that and this speaker for a bit more (maybe $20) out hit, out pounded, outdid, in every aspect this pioneer I have. Its a better speaker. Dual voice coils, and so on.

Check this link. This is a 1000watt RMS speaker by Audiobahn. I was skeptical at first but they make some good ****. Let me tell you. Its just that they are under rated. Most people spend more for a name b/c you have to keep up with the Jones's. This speaker or if you get 2 with a good amp, amp quality is also VERY imp.. then you'll be more than fine unless you are trying to compete. Then your in the wrong forum. You need to go to competitors sites and whose doing what. Not to mention spend major $. I want nice quality with a nice price. I am not Bill Gates so the hell with spending $800 on a JLw7 when I can buy 2 speakers and and nice amo for that price and still out hit that 1 speaker by far. Sorry. I am realistic and everyone that has heard my system is suprised that a 12in Audio bahn in a stock deck can be so clear and hit so hard. Serious ****. I am not lying one bit. But Sotres will always down play your stuff b/c they want you to buy their product.

I am real not biased in anyway and tell it like it is. I saw one kid with an 8in W7 Kicker Solo Baric and that fugger hit plenty hard ohhh my gawd yes it did my friend. The only thing is that Kicker Speakers require ALOT of power to hit. That is why I bought this amp. It'll hit anything hard that is in this class. Yup, so go with your gut and what your really after. Most people down play them but so far I am msot impressed with my audiobahn. I also bought a W3JL audio and this thing still hits harder. SO forget the namey stuff. Once you start breaking that barrier and start spending $600 per speaker then your on another level and you need to spend some real money and get what you really want. But I guarantee, it gets old to have something sooooooo loud all the time. You start to get a headache or on days when you just want to take it easy you have to start adjusting and screwing with ****. Nope, not me. I want that happy medium. Nice price, nice product, and nice performance. Not the best but def not the worst. really they are closer to the quality side. If you want a good pioneer, you will spend MAJOR bucks to get a nice product that'll be more than enough.

I spoke to one guy and he said he's always adjusting stuff b/c the vibration loosens chairs and screw all over. His mirrror has fallen off numbers of time, etc.

Also, One guy up here has a lifted 4x4 diesel ford F350, the kid's dad bought it and with the truck has over $65,000 invested. Well he has 4 Kicker Solo baric 12's. And has a 2000 watt amp running to each. He was saying he can't turn it all the way up b/c the windshield strats to seprate from the backing. And that it makes it so the window may fall out. Now, I don't know about you but there should be enough common sense to say, "*****, this is just tooo loud for me to enjoy."

But like I said, its what you want and who your trying to keep up with. To me, there will always be someone louder, so why not just satify your own needs and get something decent and still have $1000..........

oh yea, I forgot the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...731816326&rd=1

Old 11-30-2004, 01:41 AM
Coal Miner I have 1 10" Pro Compression and I will tell You IT HITS!!! I have always been a JL Audio Freak but the new Audiobahn Stuff Kicks A*S here are some Pics. If you need some help Email me I might be able to hook you up.Pics

Quick Reply: Audiobahn Pro compression