Is this box any good?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 01:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this box any good?

Hey is this box any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38647

And what about the subs that come in it. My situation is this. I got 5 months till my L gets put in storage for 15 months. I am looking for something that will sound good and loud but not show quality.

Any suggestions?

31C

Old 10-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Re: Is this box any good?

Originally posted by 31Charlie
Hey is this box any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38647

And what about the subs that come in it. My situation is this. I got 5 months till my L gets put in storage for 15 months. I am looking for something that will sound good and loud but not show quality.

Any suggestions?

31C
You can send it to me for 15 months. I promise I'll take excellent care of the L for you.

Old 10-30-2004, 05:09 PM
31Charlie, That is a very nice set-up, in terms of convenience of use and installation. The Xtant subs are a nice upgrade. The price is fair. In other words, it has advantages and seems to fit what you describe as to what you want. Be sure to amplify it properly and you should be happy. If you were looking to compete or wanted some outrageous performance, I would recommend a custom box, subs, and installation.

Old 10-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Old 10-31-2004, 09:26 AM
Alright guys thanks for the help. I was reading the other two threads going right now about probox and along with those reviews they seemed the way to go, but all the sudden I am a little concerned since I am a tall guy and like to have not only my driver, but passanger seat all the way back. Do most boxes require you to keep the seat forward a bit?

31C

Old 10-31-2004, 12:44 PM
For the Probox PB-F-2-12 it will be. You'll lose about 1.5 inch. It's so tight back there the box has to be dropped in from the top of the seats and not the sides. It's a trade off I guess, if you want serious power which requires deeper subs then there's no way around it. You could order a real custom box from a local shop but I don't like the way they look with the raggy carpet. Vinyl doesn't suit me either.

If you're at least 6 foot tall, I don't recommend it. Call ProBox and ask them whether the dual 10's (PB-F-2-10) have the same depth. Maybe they don't.

I'm already looking at raising the seats. Since the box is built @ a slant raising will maybe allow me to regain about 1inch from hip to pedals. I'm off to searching the "raising seats" threads. Gotta love this board, it's so useful!

Old 10-31-2004, 05:51 PM
31Charlie,

I have that exact setup from that exact ebay seller. I couldn't be more pleased with it. It seems to be a perfect setup for the Reg. Cab F150.

I'm 6'3" and have no problems with the seat moving all the way back. I am able to slide it all the way back and lean it back as well. MTX did it right with this one.

Old 11-01-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by AllstarE4
31Charlie,

I have that exact setup from that exact ebay seller. I couldn't be more pleased with it. It seems to be a perfect setup for the Reg. Cab F150.

I'm 6'3" and have no problems with the seat moving all the way back. I am able to slide it all the way back and lean it back as well. MTX did it right with this one.
Alright, now im getting mixed reviews. Im 6' 2" so maybe Ill check it out. Im pretty tone death and like I said, it doesnt have to be high quality. Can you paint the MTX or probox at all?

31C

Old 11-01-2004, 07:32 AM
Charlie,

You don't need to paint the MTX Thunderform, it already has a custom finish to match whatever color you have for your interior. That's what's nice about them.

The ProBox is finished with a coating very similar to the sprayed-in bedliner and is very durable.

There's always a trade off. Remember if you have a big amp you'll need to put it right above the the box (at least that's the only place I've found that can fit a 23" wide amp) There's no way to do this with the Thunderform. If you're running 2amps, that's even worse.

Quick Reply: Is this box any good?